|Job Ref:||TWMA-UKDY00756016c||Employer:||Bombardier Inc.||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Derby||Address:||Post Date:||14/10/2016 22:03|
With 61 production and engineering sites and 18 service centres in 28 countries, Bombardier Transportation is a global leader in the rail industry. We cover the full spectrum of rail solutions, ranging from complete trains to sub-systems, maintenance services, system integration and signalling. Our installed base of rolling stock exceeds 100,000 rail cars and locomotives worldwide. Our 39,400 employees continue a proud tradition of delivering ingenious rail transportation solutions.|
Bombardier's Litchurch Lane factory is the UK's leading and longest-standing train manufacturing site, founded in 1876 by the Midland Railway, is recognized as the most efficient train factory and a global centre of excellence in aluminium train technology in Bombardier's global network, forming an integrated works where trains are designed as well as assembled. The trains being delivered from the Derby manufacturing facility have recorded world record breaking reliability statistics.
We are currently looking to recruit a Project Engineer (m/f), based in Derby United Kingdom.
• To lead all aspects of design, implementation, testing and commissioning required to deliver the scope of the engineering project so as to satisfy customer requirements while adhering to project budgets and schedules. Accountable for ensuring the product complies with all contractual and legal requirements, particularly those that relate to certification.
• Establish and maintain interfaces with other engineering departments & with relevant functions (project management, procurement, operations, sales, bids).
• Continuous optimization of project engineering processes/tools/behaviours by taking into account business requirements, customer needs, technical innovations, and new market conditions.
• Monitor, control and report monthly all product related financial aspects of the project consistent with the contract requirements and established project management procedures to attain established goals.
• Ensuring that relevant skills required by the project are identified, communicated and made available by the engineering function in order to fulfil project requirements.
• Engineering degree
• Proven experience in project delivery for large scale projects, managing large teams , budgets, KPI's, identifying and handling risk/opportunity.
Are you interested in starting an exciting career at Bombardier Transportation? If so, apply now at company website and start your dynamic career today!
Your ideas move people!