PROJECT PLANNER |
REQUISITION NUMBER: TAME-CATB01071855
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Based in Thunder Bay, Ontario, you will be responsible for guiding the Project Core Team in the management of all planning, scheduling and progress control related aspects of the project in accordance with the Planning and Scheduling Process. You will also provide the knowledge and the tools to plan the project scope of work and all related deliverables during project launch.
You will have to establish and update the Detailed Project Schedule (DPS), including leading the harmonization and integration of sub-schedules from all parties involved in the project. You will also have to challenge all inputs from all parties. You will regularly track and report progress against the baseline schedule and continuously monitor risks and opportunities as well as proactively develop scenarios, mitigation or back-up plans if required.
In your role you will:
- Be responsible for guiding the Project Core Team in the planning of activities to deliver the project using standard tools (e.g. generic Product Breakdown Structure and Work Breakdown Structure);
- Establish and update the DPS based on common objectives within the project;
- Monitor and report on schedule progress and deviations within all parties involved in the project;
- Communicate the DPS to all parties involved in the project, including any changes to the DPS;
- Be responsible for regularly monitoring critical path(s) of the schedule to identify risks and opportunities and develop mitigation or recovery plans;
- Make any internal contacts, and in a consortium, any external contacts, needed to perform the duties;
- Lead meetings related to DPS topics within the Project Core Team and with other functions;
- Manage, with the support of all Project Core Team members, the effective communication of the current DPS to all relevant stakeholders, including any updates;
- Ensure that schedule implications of change requests are made visible and clear prior to presentation and decision making in the Change Control Board;
- Regularly update the Project Controller with any and all progress or delays to the DPS to secure that implications to the EAC are monitored;
- Ensure that the Risk and Opportunity Manager is regularly updated with possible threats or opportunity derived from present or future deviations to the DPS.
As our ideal candidate:
- You hold a university degree, preferably in Engineering or Business;
- You cumulate a minimum of four (4) years of experience in a relevant role;
- You possess working experience on several projects and/ or bids, ideally in similar business areas (e.g. railways, oil and gas, technology, energy);
- Your knowledge of relevant software (Primavera) will be considered an advantage;
- You are detail oriented;
- Your English communication skills are excellent both written and spoken.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at NA
Your ideas move people.
the evolution of mobility