|Job Ref:||JE - 1004||Employer:||Randstad||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Post Code:||BS5||Salary:||£ 35,000 - £ 40,000 per year, car, pension, health care||Post Date:||18/10/2016 00:18|
Are you looking to develop your career as a section engineer? Would you like to work for a progressive and ambitious company within the construction and infrastructure sector? If so, please read on.|
With an ever increasing workload in the South West our client a major Civil Engineering contractor are on the lookout for Section Engineer with experience in Water/ Utilities/ Rail
* Lead the delivery of a section of works to programme and budget.
* HSEQ - high personal standards, active participation in initiatives such as SLS, ELS,
* CC/PI's, nominates colleagues for safety awards etc.
* Quality - high personal standards, understands commercial impact of re-work, records and uses to challenge, actively investigates to learn lessons, sets and participates in quality surveillance etc.
* Contractor's Responsible Engineer (CRE)
* Ensure site records are kept and maintained by the team - daily diaries / RV's etc
* Programme and planning - manages the programme relevant to their work. Actively monitors progress, understands daily progress daily, sets up production trackers or similar to communicate key metrics, utilizes lean initiatives such as last planner and collaborative planning to focus challenge. Does not accept delay, constantly seeks solutions to mitigate.
* Forecast costs versus tender allowance comparison.
* Monitor costs / resource levels against original forecast for their section of work
* Production of 8 week look ahead rolling programmes
* Support to site and section engineers
* Producing and approving PtP's- Authorised Person Role
* Responsible for the production of Work Package Plans / RA's / Task briefings in line with programme
* Assist in development construction methodologies / plans / programmes
* Management of site activities
* Progress reporting
* Competitive Salary
* Company Car
* Health Care
Whether you are actively on the market or passively having a browse, please don't hesitate to get in touch as there are always opportunities within the Civil Engineering market that we may be able to assist with. Please don't hesitate to get in contact with our Birmingham branch.
Job Title: Site Engineer/ Agent
Location: South Wales
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.