|Job Ref:||28120BR||Employer:||Black & Veatch||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United States||County/State:||California||City:||
San Diego ||Address:||Post Date:||15/10/2016 01:01|
The Project Controls Sr Associate position will be assigned to either a role in Scheduling/Planning or Cost Engineering or a combination. Under appropriate supervision, the incumbent performs routine project controls assignments according to training, capability and experience. In addition to performing duties as assigned, this position will be primarily focused on seeking responsibility in the areas of scheduling, costing, and concepts related to the industry technology and project management. Individual contributor with no subordinates. |
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Understand B&V functional organizations and interfaces. Understand constructability concepts. Assists with project forecasting.
• Maintains Project Cost Report and Cash Flow w/ Super.
• Assists with input to monthly/quarterly Reports.
• Facilitates quantity mgmt reporting.
• Maintains Change Mgmt Program.
• Assists providing invoice back-up.
• Assists in preparation of summary schedule.
• Assists in schedule fragnet preparation and resource loading.
• Prepares & maintains productivity reports. (PES)
• Assists in critical path and float analysis.
• Individual contributor with no subordinates.
Requires a four-year Bachelor's degree or local equivalent in Engineering or Construction Management or nontechnical Bachelor's degree with business and computer software courses plus one (1) years or more of relevant Cost Control or Planning & Scheduling experience in Home Office or Field Office experience,
(5) years or more of relevant Cost Control or Planning & Scheduling experience in Home Office or Field Office.
Preferred Job Qualifications
Preferred Non-Technical Competencies:
• Written Communications
• Standing Alone
• Problem Solving
Preferred Technical Competencies:
• Computer skills: Microsoft Office, Database Concepts and Scheduling Software if assigned to scheduling work.
• Basic verbal and written communications skills: Good verbal and written communication skills for interaction with project teams.
• Basic process execution: Understand transformation of data to information - Ability to visualize how data can be transformed into information in the production of project controls reports for use by project teams
• Business systems maintenance: Understanding of how project controls issues relate to other company functions such as project accounting, procurement, QAQC, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Disabled/Veterans/Females