Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||28121BR||Employer:||Black & Veatch||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United States||County/State:||California||City:||
San Diego ||Address:||Post Date:||15/10/2016 01:01|
Experienced level position assigned to either a role in Scheduling or Cost Engineering or a combination. Under general supervision, performs project controls assignments according to training, capability and experience. With additional experience and demonstrated capabilities, the individual is expected to assist in the preparation of larger and more complex project controls assignments. Typically an individual contributor, but may have supervisory duties and lead small/medium size projects (cost and/or scheduling activities). |
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Understand EPC work process and dependencies between functions. Develop project risk analysis skills. Understand Financial/Accounting reporting. May prepare forecasts under minimal supervision.
• Maintains and may prepare Cost Report, Cash Flow with minimal supervision.
• Prepare input to monthly/quarterly Reports.
• Maintains and may lead quantity mgmt reporting.
• Maintains and may lead Change mgmt Program.
• Gains understanding of key scheduling processes
• As applicable able to effectively work with JV and S/C construction partners in matters of cost and progress measurement.
• May facilitate the preparation of summary schedule.
• Prepares and maintain baseline/execution schedule.
• Facilitates productivity reporting.
• Perform/Assists with critical path and float analysis reporting.
• Gains understanding of key cost control processes.
• As applicable able to effectively work with JV and Subcontract construction partners in scheduling matters.
• Individual contributor with no subordinates.
Prefer a four-year Bachelor's degree or local equivalent in Engineering or Construction Management or nontechnical Bachelor's degree with business and computer software courses plus three (3) years or more of relevant Cost Control or Planning & Scheduling, business systems maintenance or contract administration experience in Home Office or Field Office experience,
six (6) years or more of relevant Cost Control or Planning & Scheduling experience in Home Office or Field Office.
Preferred Job Qualifications
Preferred Non-Technical Competencies:
• Presentation Skills
• Drive for Results
• Customer Focus
• Interpersonal Savvy
Preferred Technical Competencies:
• Computer skills
• Intermediate verbal and written communication skills
• Understanding of key cost control processes and key scheduling processes.
• Understand financial/accounting reporting.
• Understand EPC work process and dependencies between functions.
• Ability to provide risk and opportunity analysis input.
• Specific training in B&V project controls tools and processes. Training in general business operations and leadership skills
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Disabled/Veterans/Females