Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||CA_38443||Employer:||Carillion plc||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Sandbach||Address:||Post Code:||CW11||Post Date:||12/10/2016 01:03|
Purpose of Role
We are looking for Managing Quantity Surveyor (Civils) to support with the delivery of M6 J1619 Carillion Kier JV project.
This is one of Highways England's largest Smart Motorway Programme (SMP) contracts worth up to £475m where post holder will lead a commercial team in the delivery of all commercial functions.
• · Developing and implementing commercial strategies.
• · Commercial Reporting.
• · Change management process.
• · Subcontract procurement and administration.
• · Identifying any training needs within the commercial team.
• · Developing strong relationships with existing and potential partners through collaboration.
• · Other duties commensurate with the level of the post.
Experience in quantity surveying within civils sector
Proven success of managing commercial teams.
Proven success of developing client relationships.
Experience of working within JVs.
Experience of working with Highways England.
Working knowledge of NEC Target Cost contracts
Work Winning:- Support Work Winning teams, where required, in identifying and quantifying risk and opportunity inbids and tenders.- To support, and where necessary lead, key negotiations with prospective customers, partners,contractors and sub-contractors.- Where required, ensure a commercial focus is maintained in established and/or developing marketsContract Delivery:To take the lead responsibility in developing, implementing and reviewing effective commercial activity withina project or area ensuring that:- Ensure Cash Management is effected- An overview is maintained of Risk Management processes and procedures, including acting asliaison for internal audit activities- Contractual imperatives (duties, obligations, notices, standards, etc) are observed and discharged toprotect Carillion’s position and entitlements under Contract or with Insurances etc- A proper view is taken of periodic performance (financial and progress) per project- To agree strategies with the BU Commercial Director consistent with the BU objectives andtimetables- A framework of approved practice and process in commercial activity is followed that is consistentwith Group standards, the IMS and corporate governance- In conjunction with key internal ‘partners’ (e.g. Group Risk, Legal, Pre-Contract, Supply Chain,Insurance), ensure that project/area contractual and insurance issues, including disputes and claimsare resolved or properly communicated in order to protect and further the Company’s interests andrelationships.- To effectively manage the production of Project Procurement Strategy Documentation.- To effectively manage the production of Project Value Enhancement NA Management:- To ensure the effective performance management and development of his/her direct reports, and theeffective organisation of everyone within the commercial activity on the project- To deliver effective management information on commercial activity across the Region toCommercial Manager- To provide a commercial appraisal of project for external audit purposes.
Additional Role Information
• Reward car/car allowance & fuel card
• 26 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays with the opportunity to buy more holidays once you have been with a for a short while
• Eligible for Company Bonus Scheme
• BUPA Healthcare Insurance – Family cover
• Carillion Pension Plan
• Carillion 'Thank You' Scheme, which offers flexible, tax efficient benefits such as child care vouchers, cycle to work scheme & discounts on high street brands