|Job Ref:||84112BR||Employer:||Raytheon Company||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Harlow||Address:||Post Date:||15/10/2016 04:02|
Job Title: Head of Engineering (Defence Business Unit)|
Req ID: 84112BR
As a leading international defence prime system & software solutions provider we are recruiting for a Head of Engineering for our Defence business which incorporates programmes across Air Traffic management, Weapons systems, Force protection, GPS/Anti-Jam plus many others. As the Head of Engineering for Defence Business you will be responsible for the Engineering resources and Engineering delivery across the variety of programmes.
Reporting to the Engineering Director and key contributor to the Engineering Leadership Team for Raytheon UK.
1. Reporting to the Engineering Director & the Defence Business Managing Director for all aspects of Engineering activity across the Defence Business
2. Line management of Engineering staff at Harlow & its remote sites
3. Act as the point of focus and leadership, across all programmes, for all engineering matters at Harlow & its remote sites ensuring that engineering efforts are coordinated to provide optimum value for the business.
4. Interface with other members of the Engineering Management Team to continue to improve the Raytheon UK wide Engineering Function as a highly capable, professional and respected part of Raytheon.
5. To be the Defence business engineering lead, as a member of that leadership team, and ensuring the efficient delivery of engineering commitments to the Defence business areas, on time and within budget.
6. Manage, develop and coordinate the engineering capability and performance of the Defence Engineering team to help create and deliver the business growth strategy and the engineering strategy.
7. Control and co-ordination of the overall Engineering budget at Harlow
8. Work with the rest of the Engineering Leadership Team to ensure:
• Consistent professional development of engineers across the business
• Adherence to and development of, best practice process
• Appropriate infrastructure and facilities
• Technical excellence based on a strong process culture and talent development
• Continuous improvement via the deployment of Raytheon Six Sigma methodologies, CMMI and appropriate metrics
9. Co-ordinate the independent review of the engineering aspects of all programmes on the site, in conjunction with the Engineering Leadership Team.
NA that the Director of Engineering has timely visibility of the engineering resource needs for the site, working with him to agree and fill all key appointments.
NA and approve the engineering aspects of all business capture/bid activities for Defence.
NA all Engineering top level Engineering Plans are appropriately reviewed and adhered to.
NA that all design and development activities in Defence are subject to gate, independent and peer review, and that technical and engineering risks and opportunities are managed effectively.
NA, in conjunction with the Head of Product Integrity, that designs are compliant and safe.
• Degree in Scientific or Engineering discipline
• Extensive experience in senior management positions in an Engineering environment.
• Extensive experience in managing people
• Extensive experience in delivery of programmes across all engineering disciplines
• Proven and successful track record in managing system integration design and development programmes
• Demonstrable experience in driving change management programmes through to success.
Must be willing and eligible to hold SC security clearance and possibly obtain DV clearance if required.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
• 25 days holiday + statutory holidays
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Life Assurance
• Flexible Benefits
• Enhanced sick pay scheme
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success.
Raytheon Application Process
To apply visit the link to the website NA
and search for Req ID: 84112BR. Please complete the on-line instructions to create a profile and upload CV.
Please also view the Raytheon video: NA
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon UK is a subsidiary of Raytheon Company. We are a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence and have developed strong capabilities in mission systems integration in defence, National & Cyber security and commercial markets. Raytheon UK also designs, develops and manufactures a range of high technology electronic systems and software solutions at its facilities in Harlow, Glenrothes, Gloucester, Waddington and Broughton.
Raytheon Company, with 2015 sales of $23 billion and 61,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cyber security solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 94 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5I products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems, as well as cyber security and a broad range of mission support services. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Mass Raytheon
Type Of Job
United Kingdom - Harlow