|Job Ref:||84186BR||Employer:||Raytheon Company||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Glenrothes||Address:||Post Date:||04/10/2016 07:26|
Portfolio Manager |
Raytheon UK is looking for a dynamic and high performing Senior Programme Manager with current product development experience to work within Raytheon's Power & Controls (P&C) Business. Reporting to the Business Lead, this is a creative and strategic role. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining Power & Controls product portfolio and roadmap (IPS & Weapons); for outlining individual product opportunities and definitions within the portfolio at conception or update; for ensuring regular portfolio change control; and for working with Strategy, Technology, Engineering, Manufacturing, Programme Management, Sales Business Development and Customer Support to ensure that business objectives are met.
This is a complex and challenging role that will be highly rewarding and high profile, with extensive communication and interfacing requirements with Industry stakeholders, demanding excellent interpersonal skills and high levels of energy and stamina. The work location will primarily be based at Glenrothes facility with frequent visits to other customer sites in the UK and occasional travel to the US.
The Portfolio Manager is the owner of the overall portfolio and, up until formal project kick-off, the products within it. After individual product projects are kicked off, the Portfolio Manager assumes a watching and advisory brief. The Portfolio Manager is responsible for:
• Leading the Portfolio Planning Process for creation and periodic update of a product portfolio that meet strategic and commercial objectives whilst meeting market and customer requirements
• Creation of Product and Opportunity Briefs, outlining all major product characteristics, as well as target markets, product purpose, competitive positioning, proposition, market timing, etc.
• Establishing product business and investment cases
• Capturing customer and market requirements and intelligence, as well as competitive intelligence, in cooperation with Strategy, Business Development and Sales, and incorporating those learning into portfolio and product planning
• Contributing to the Technology Roadmap and ensuring coordination between the Technology Roadmap and Product Roadmaps
• Contributing and managing the intellectual property strategy and the creation of company IP for the products within the Power and control portfolio
• Assisting in responses to customer RFIs, RFQs, RFPs, UORs and other information & bid requests
• Providing timely, accurate and detailed portfolio and high level product information to the business development and sales teams, and for marketing and public relations purposes
• The Portfolio Manager will be responsible for the line management of Product Managers within the business. The role will ensure that the all function duties and responsibilities for the housekeeping & general hygiene factor of the product management team are satisfied.
• Strong Leadership skills with a desire to succeed
• Proactive team builder who can motivate and lead by example
• Strong interpersonal skills, team motivator, able to build strong relationships with customers and peers. Able to drive multidiscipline teams
• Innovative & creative problem solver. Able to develop and deliver effective presentations.
• Able to facilitates problem solving of complex issues across business units and organisational boundaries
• Excellent Communication - written and verbal at all levels within the organisation and with the customer
• Commercially astute
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Ability to identify and understand technical programme issues, to summarize key concerns and follow through with development of an action plan to correct or satisfy problem areas.
• Integrity and honesty; able to deliver bad news as well as good Energy and Drive
• Staying Power; maintains personal motivation over the long haul
• Courage; able to make the difficult decision
• Ability to rapidly assimilate information, culture and process to bring maximum effect in a short space of time.
Education and Experience
• Degree in either engineering or business administration/marketing, plus extensive subsequent experience
• Established commercial & industry experience managing all aspects of Intellectual Property to ensure exploitation and protection is clearly managed to ensure the integrity of IP ownership
• In depth technical understanding/subject matter expertise of power solutions to suit the Power & Control 's area of business, including relevant hardware and software elements and development processes
• Proven ability to shape innovative technology and customer requirements into compelling and differentiated product propositions
• Ability to build and defend business cases
• Understanding of development program measures, controls and metrics
• Strong written, oral and presentation communication skills
• Strong negotiation skills required for both internal and external discussions
• Self-starting and able to work without supervision
• Experience in driving and shaping portfolio and product strategy
• Ability to develop and adhere to relevant business processes
• Ability to influence and drive multi discipline teams
• Ability to engage within an international organisation at all levels
• Member of a relevant Engineering or Programme Management Professional Institution
Type Of Job
United Kingdom - Glenrothes