the evolution of mobility
At Bombardier Aerospace, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
In your role, you will:
- Assess key manufacturing processes (Logistics and Quality) and agility criteria to support the master manufacturing plan on the supplier's site as part of an evaluation and improvement program.
- Remain alert on component transfers, acquisitions and other changes in the supply chain that could bring new risks for our aircraft programs.
- Analyze the overall capacity of suppliers, the robustness of their MRP system and the management processes of the "Tier2" (sub-tier management).
- Assess the preparation of suppliers for each ramp-up and highlight the logistical and operational potential risks (BCA). Ensure the implementation of plans to meet the acceleration rate.
- Lead problem solving activities through root cause analysis.
- Develop action plans to eliminate manufacturing and quality risks identified and monitor them until resolution.
- Work in partnership with the "Supplier Performance Lead" to give visibility on the risks from a supplier and coordinate the implementation of action plans to eliminate them.
As our ideal candidate,
- You hold a college degree in aerospace or the equivalent and minimum five (5) years of experience in aerospace.
- You have an excellent knowledge of detail parts manufacturing, supplier management, industrial engineering & continuous improvement processes.
- You are bilingual (French/English) - Spanish and/or German would be an asset, good communicator, professional and are open to work with other cultures. Also, you possess the ability to work with minimum supervision, quickly analyze problematic situations, be a team player, self-motivated, and demonstrate initiative as well as good interpersonal skills.
- You have a good knowledge in Quality procedures, processes and systems
- You are knowledgeable of regulation and general requirements related to suppliers (QD 4.6-40, 4.6-60, etc...).
You are available & flexible to travel within short notice
- You have a good command of information systems, MS Office and SAP (an asset).