Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms
Alarm and Detection Inspector
About the role:
- Perform service and inspection activities on electrical fire alarm systems.
- Responsible for meeting customer expectations while performing quality inspections.
- Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications, software/systems, programs, schematics and operational/product manuals.
- Supervise and inspect the installation of equipment to meet customer specifications.
- Evaluate and diagnose equipment that requires servicing as well as troubleshoot problems.
- Provide specific solutions and recommendations to customers on the most efficient and cost effective methods to return equipment to working order.
Rewards and benefits
We’ll expect a lot from you, but we’ll also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And we’ll always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, you’ll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.
Who we’re looking for
- Minimum High School completion and/or Completion of a Fire Science or Electronics program at a vocational College.
- Ability to transport equipment and tools weighing up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to work in confined spaces and adept at maneouvering ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet.
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of electricity/electronics.
- Abilty to read architectural and electrical drawings.
- Ability to effectively work well independently and approve inspection paperwork.
- Demonstates an aptitiude for troubleshooting systems and performing necessary repairs.
- Ability to identify and sell basic product enhancements to customers.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of customer service.
- A valid motor vehicle license is required (Class 5) with annual abstract to maintain eligibility.