Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
We address the complete spectrum of energy challenges, including clean and renewable energy, energy efficiency and carbon management, hydropower and dams, thermal, geothermal and wind power generation, and transmission and distribution.
AECOM is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Business Development Manager for immediate employment in the New York, NY office. As a Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for cultivating private and public client relationships and leads that result in power generation, energy efficiency, and central plant opportunities. The primary area of focus will be the New York City Metro area, and utility, public and private customers with some commercial/industrial.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Will be involved in identifying, developing, and proposing new power generation and energy efficiency projects; negotiating partnerships and alliances; structuring and closing transactions; managing senior-level relationships internally and externally; and maintaining a sharp focus on the client during project implementation
- This individual will be required to perform to meet established targets and goals
- Will be heavily involved with the Business Unit leader for the overall Power Generation, Central Plant, and Energy Efficiency Businesses
- Assisting in developing a plan to achieve revenue and margin targets, and achieving those goals
- Streamlining of business pursuits and closed sales to project delivery team will be an important responsibility of the Business Development Manager
- Refinement of BD tools and processes is expected
- Success in this position requires a dynamic individual with high energy and motivation with an acute passion for developing power generation and central plant solutions
- Critical requirements include teamwork skills, knowledge of the power generation and energy efficiency industries, strong business development skills, and the ability to develop high quality and creative opportunities in a fast-paced and ever-evolving industry
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering or other related field
- 7 years of relevant business development and relationship building experience related to the energy/power industry
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (IE: previous experience with presentations)
- Superb team management abilities including p revious experience leading teams and mentoring staff
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, creative problem-solving, and leadership skills
- Proven expertise in business development and market strategy development/execution with demonstrated revenue achievement
- Working knowledge of the energy efficiency, central plants and power generation markets and beneficial networking connections with public and private clients in and around the New York City metro area
- A general knowledge of the financial, technical and political aspects driving both the energy efficiency, central plants and power generation industries and energy infrastructure development (CHP, MicroGrid, generation and renewables, energy conservation measures, and central plant services)
- Self-directed personality with a commitment to excellence
- Previous experience working for an Energy Services Company
- Previous experience with Salesforce, or other pursuit/relationship management software
- Networking capabilities within the power and energy industries
- Master's degree in business administration (MBA)
- 10 years of related experience
- Demonstrate successful financial closing of multiple small to medium scale power generation and energy efficiency projects (combined heat and power, solar, microgrid, central heating/cooling plants, and energy efficiency improvement projects)
- Provide financial past performance portfolio
- Experience managing business development teams
- Sustainability, resiliency and/or climate adaptation experience a plus but not a requirement
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.