Hourly Rate Bands N/A Salaried/Hourly-Paid Salaried |
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and ambitious Press Officer to join a leading FTSE listed organisation during a time of significant industry and organisational change.
Working within the Group Corporate Communications team (and interacting with divisional marketing and communications teams), you will be responsible for proactive and reactive media relations contact with trade and national press, broadcast and online - sharing out-of-hours press office services with other members of the team.
You will help prepare lines to take and Q&As to protect company reputation and deliver clear corporate messages. You will liaise with Group businesses on PR tactics and promote our sustainability and innovation programmes.
You will prepare well-written and concise press releases, blogs and content for online for websites, social media and other channels. This will include preparing case studies and other background material.
In addition, you will support the Head of Media Relations in planning and scheduling news releases and maximise the impact of each news opportunity. You will also maintain an evolving set of core messages.
- Support the Head of Media as a point of contact for media/publicity enquiries.
- Research, write and distribute regular press releases and news updates, with a key objective being to secure relevant coverage.
- Regularly liaise with and establish relationships with relevant trade and industry correspondents.
- Maintain an up-to-date database of images media contacts/queries/issues etc.
- Liaise with the relevant Managers to ensure a full two-way flow of information when planning any PR activities.
- Prepare regular updates of PR activities and manage ongoing projects.
- Ensure all relevant staff members are kept informed about planned PR activities.
- Liaise with divisional marketing teams to ensure that the Group Press Office is aware of interesting developments and in due course advise on media relations.
- In case of crises, assist with dealing with the media.
- Liaise with media coverage services as required and ensure that all relevant material is received and recorded.
- Assist in the set up of media site visits.
- Ensure that brand publications are written and edited to a high standard, including proof reading, writing and sourcing high quality writing.
- Maintain digital assets and social media accounts.
What we are looking for
CANDIDATE PROFILE / KEY SKILLS:
- With media relations and content management experience gained in-house in a, preferably FTSE listed business or from an agency environment, you will possess a mix of tactical and technical communications experience.
- You will need the ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Excellent planning skills will mean that you can be relied on to complete tasks to a high standard, often working to tight deadlines.
- You will be resilient, a self-starter and have a real 'can do' attitude, be able to spot an opportunity to promote Interserve's activities or a potential risk to reputation.
- You should enjoy working as part of a hard-working team that is committed to delivering high quality work, and to making a real difference to the way our business succeeds.
- Above all, you will be willing to get involved, take-on tasks be they large or small, and play a key role as part of our busy Communications team.
- Degree level education.
- Exceptional English and grammar skills and an eye for detail.
- Possible journalist background.
- Experience of writing copy for a variety of audiences/purposes.
- Experience in establishing a tone of voice.
- Self-motivated and self-disciplined and able to contribute positively to the team environment within the business.
- Creative thinker.
- Adaptable to a constantly changing field.
- Versatile and happy to contribute to creative discussions outside the immediate remit (i.e. providing input to designs and concepts).
- Highly organised and capable of juggling many tasks at once.
- The ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Work with a roster of PR agencies, providing services for corporate, regional and trade media audiences.
About the company
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.3 billion and a workforce of 80,000 people worldwide.