Requisition ID: |
Please note this position is subject to Client approval, the location is Reading however regular travel to Swindon will be required. All candidates must have the right to work and remain in the UK without company sponsorship.
Provides principal support to the Project management team in the effective administration of the prime contract between Bechtel and its customer and any Joint Venture Agreement(s) between Bechtel and its Joint Venture Partner(s). Responsible for or, on major projects, assists in establishing and implementing contracts administration procedures consistent with the guidelines set forth in the Prime Contracts Management Manual.
Degree in Business, Quantity Surveying, Law, Engineering, Construction Management or Cost Engineering or equivalent experience
Courses or experience in pricing, contract law, contract drafting, administration and negotiation of change orders, effective correspondence, planning and scheduling
Working knowledge of engineering/construction industry contracting practices, applicable government and commercial regulations and practices, ideally Bechtel policies, procedures and work practices.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- With the project team, identify the contract baseline, including terms and conditions, specifications, drawings, estimate, proposal, schedule and other documents incorporated in the contract.
- Develop and maintain the Contract Management Responsibilities Matrix which records the Project Team's agreed assignment of various contract management tasks;
- Establish and manage the Contract Requirements Action List identifying the specific contract actions and obligations of Bechtel and the customer and the individual responsible for each action;
- Establish and manage a Contract Notice Requirements Action List which identifies the contractually required notices and the individual responsible for initiating each notice;
- Prepare an analysis of the prime contract general terms and conditions to highlight areas of potential risk such as ambiguities, omissions and conflicts; as work proceeds, assist the Project Manager in mitigating those risks that arise; closely monitor and support remedial actions as necessary and recommend appropriate tradeoffs to the Project Manager.
- Establish a Project Change Order Procedure, incorporating the Pending Item Program, to provide a methodology to identify changes, quantify the additional time and compensation due Bechtel per the contract, define approval requirements and communicate changes to the Customer;
- Prepare change orders to the contract and, as directed, negotiate such change orders;
- Work with Construction, Engineering, Procurement, Legal and Risk Management to ensure that (sub)contracts contain appropriate lowdown of prime contract terms, and assist in facilitating organizational interfaces between those performing (sub)contract formation and administration;
- Participate in project related meetings, work closely with Construction, Engineering, Procurement, and Project Controls, and review project financial data to:
- Ensure awareness of all project activities that may affect the prime contract;
- Identify opportunities for revenue enhancement, schedule relief and claim avoidance;
- Recommend appropriate actions to protect Bechtel's interest and/or improve project performance;
- Ensure compliance with prime contract terms and conditions;
- Develop a program to identify and prepare claims as they develop and direct the efforts to negotiate and resolve claims in coordination with the Claims Group and Legal Department;
- Responsible for adherence to contract insurance provisions and coordinates any requirements in this regard with responsible organization and Corporate Risk Management personnel;
- Work with Risk Management organization on any occurrences that may be covered by Customer or Bechtel provided Insurance;
- Coordinate the handling of prime contract closeout requirements;
- Supervise personnel assigned to the project Contracts organization;
- Contribute to the development and delivery of ongoing training to address prime contract management principles, (sub) contract formation and administration and identification of claims;
- May perform similar duties on a retrospective basis while assigned to the Claims Group.
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, procurement, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right- no matter how big, how complex or how remote. The reliability of our performance, the enduring quality of our projects, the strength of our ethics, and the seriousness of our commitment to safety and sustainability are evident in everything we do. Bechtel delivers for its customers what others can only promise.
Build your career as you build some of the most challenging and complex projects in the world today.
Bechtel is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE).