|Job Ref:||16000285||Employer:||Cummins Inc.||Country:||United States||County/State:||Colorado||City:||Broomfield||Address:||Post Date:||23/09/2016 03:04|
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs. |
Cummins is a team of dependable, innovative thinkers, who are empowered to generate and deliver solutions for customers, community and environment. Our employees develop their careers through the challenges only a diverse, global innovator can promise. This is a collaborative culture where thinking beyond your desk is more than part of the job. It is the job.
This is what we call Working Right.
Engine Workshop Technician - Level III
The Engine Workshop Technician - Level III has safety, customer satisfaction, and business responsibilities within branch operations. Engine Workshop Technician - Level III completes troubleshooting, repairs and rebuilds on engine products in a service workshop independently while coaching and developing less experienced technicians
• Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, and fully participate in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
• Maintain adequate personal tooling to perform assigned tasks.
• Respond to all customer requests courteously and professionally, in a timely and responsive manner.
• Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance at all times, meeting all Company standards for professional appearance.
• Advise the Service Supervisor of parts needed for necessary repairs.
• Document detailed, complete and legible descriptions of all repair operations performed, using required all forms and procedures.
• Accurately record time, expenses, and mileage.
• Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with dealers, customers, management, and co-workers.
• Maintain company and product confidentiality.
• Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
• Stay apprised of new techniques relevant to the work being performed; achieve and maintain technical competency.
• Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
• All other duties as required.
• Applies documented procedures and policies to perform diagnostics and complex repairs
• Performs preventative maintenance based on assessment of engine
• Completes required documentation, such as work completed documents, time sheets, warranty claims and quality forms, via handwritten or business system input screens
• Completes training in line with skill and business requirements
• Coaches and develops technicians and/or apprentices and transfers knowledge and experience to others; may provide work direction; may review repair plans, parts lists, etc
• Maintains work area and tools for cleanliness and proper operation
Qualifications and Competencies
Education, Licenses, Certifications
• Apprentice Trained Engine Technician (Preferred)
• Vocational diploma from relevant technical institution
• Locally valid driving permit (Preferred)
• Advanced level knowledge of and/or experience with engine products
• Experience providing technical advice and coaching to more junior technicians (preferred)
Level II Technician plus
• Ability to identify and resolve engine system failures relating to and impacted by component failure
• Ability to train, guide and/or coach other service technicians through complex service interventions and diagnostic issues
• Able to identify opportunities for work process improvements and recommend appropriate action
• Able to develop and maintain productive working relationships
• Ability to identify and up sell further service and repair opportunities.
• Ability to prepare reports providing feedback on service interventions
• Can resolve complex technical problems
Candidate must meet all eligibility requirements to drive a Company Service vehicle, including but not limited to:
• Must have a current, valid driver's license issued by the state in which they reside.
• Must have current motor vehicle liability insurance.
• No convictions for any driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs charges (DUI) within prior 5 years.
• No greater than three (3) moving violations within prior 12 month period.
• No greater than 2 avoidable accidents on MVR within prior 3 years.
• Candidate must be able to pass pre-employment drug testing and meet all physical requirements for the position.
• If selected, candidates must consider this position as primary employment and hold no other jobs with this
• Company's competitors, customers, or suppliers.
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds frequently; pushing and pulling a maximum force of 50#.
• Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Protective Glasses, Protective Gloves, and Protective Footwear as required.
Compensation and Benefits:
Compensation: Base salary commensurate with experience.
Benefits: Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify:
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit company website .