|Job Ref:||1600029G||Employer:||Cummins Inc.||Country:||United States||County/State:||Tennessee||City:||Memphis||Address:||Post Date:||23/09/2016 03:04|
Process customer complaints into a repair order. Coordinate with Service Manager for scheduling, current status, and |
• Customer Relations - Greet walk-in and telephone customers. Discuss service and support needs and advise them
when we will be able to do the work required. - Answer customer inquiries about service/repair work. Give reliable
time estimated for completion of work and brief description of what caused the problem. - Include the Service
Manager to answer customer's questions when necessary. - Coordinate with support managers to correct customer
demands or complaints in a timely and responsive manner. - Check status of equipment in shop every morning.
Call and advise customers by 9:00am. - Arrange payment for repair or service with customer when advising of
pickup time. - Work closely with Service Manager to schedule jobs, start and completion times, etc. Keep Service
Manager advised of incoming work.
• Process Repair Orders - Open repair order manually and in BMS while talking with customer or immediately after
discussing with customer. - Assign proper account number to charge customer. - Determine repair order category
(i.e. warranty, customer pay, charge, etc.) - If warranty or policy, obtain warranty information from customer, IMS,
or IntelAgent system. - Utilize BMS scheduling tools (Interview Wizard, Scheduler) when setting up work order. -
Provide work orders to Service Manager. - File completed repair orders daily. - Retrieve past repair orders to
research information for claims, billing, or historical purposes. - Audit old files, place in boxes for permanent
• Cash Receivables - Accept cash, check, or credit card payment from customers without a CMSL account. - Deliver
and report cash, checks, and credit card receipts to designated parts department personnel. See they are placed in
parts department cash box.
• Quick Check Survey - Daily in the morning, collect from the Service Manager the customer name, contact name,
type equipment, and telephone number for all customers for whom we completed service and returned equipment
the previous day. - Conduct CMSL Quick Check Survey and complete the survey form for every repair. - Ask the
customer contact person if they were completely satisfied with the service and repair quality provided by Cummins
Mid-South. - If they were completely satisfied, ask them if there was anything else we could do to serve them
better in the future. - If the customer was not completely satisfied, probe to find out what was wrong and let them
know you will pass the information along to the Service Manager. - Thank them for their time and their business. -
Weekly compile survey data and forward report to Service Manager.
• Company Representation - Continually strive to achieve the highest level of credibility and integrity with dealers,
customers, and fellow employees. - Communication on the company's behalf should be consistent with sound
business practices and should never jeopardize or compromise the company's position. - Confidential information
should not be distributed outside the department without management approval. - Maintain proper dress code
appearance, consistent with surroundings and customer acceptance. - Develop high levels of inter-departmental
support, being sensitive to the needs of other departments within the company. - Coordinate with support managers
to correct customer demands or complaints in a timely and responsive manner.
• General - Consider this position as primary employment and hold no other jobs with our competitors, customers, or
suppliers. - Continually strive to reduce company operating costs by eliminating waste. - Follow all safety
procedures and report all accidents. - Adhere to all company and departmental personnel policies and procedures.
• Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
• Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers' needs while following company procedures.
• Empathetic - Ability to appreciate and be sensitive to the feelings of others.
• Project Management - Ability to organize and direct a project to completion.
• Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
• Technical Aptitude - Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
• Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
• Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
• Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
• Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Required
Experience: Two to three years mechanical and/or customer service experience required.
Computer Skills: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Lotus Notes, BMS, IMS
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit company website .
Ready to take care of the customer? Apply for this opportunity and start your career with Cummins today.