|Job Ref:||83732BR||Employer:||Raytheon Company||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Date:||03/10/2016 04:05|
Job Title: Test & Integration Engineer(s)
Req ID: 83732BR
Summary of role
A fantastic opportunity to join Raytheon UK in our brand new Cyber Centre based in Manchester. We have a number of vacancies at in our rapidly growing Test & Integration Team. We develop software using an Agile/Scrum methodology and you will be involved fully in the software development lifecycle, working closely with the developers in an integrated team environment. Working for Raytheon you will be part of a growing team, working alongside world class partner organizations. Raytheon supports on-going professional development through both formal and on-the-job training to help you further develop your career and develop your management and leadership potential.
Main duties of the position
Basic Objective: Performing activities associated with integration, system and customer acceptance test phases of the system development lifecycle
• Apply test skills and experience within the context of an Agile software development team
• Defining test environment and tool requirements
• Create and manage automated test scripts
• Create and perform test manual test scripts
• Contribute to the production of test strategies and plans
• Report on status of test execution
• Record defects/test issues and support the wider development team in their resolution.
• Support the development team at formal and artifact reviews as necessary
• Understanding of the Systems Engineering lifecycle, and demonstrable application of relevant Test methodologies and toolsets
• Requirement verification and validation for software based systems
• Test specification development
• Test script preparation
• Experience of Automated Test Tools such as Selenium, Cucumber
• Experience Working in an Agile/SCRUM/DevOps delivery model
• Experience of deploying and configuring complex software under Linux
• Knowledge of developing in a high level language such as C++/Java
• Experience of Continuous Integration
• Experience of scripting languages; Python, Perl
• Understanding of virtualization (e.g. VMWare and Hyper-V)
• Linux system administration skill
• Good interpersonal skills for customer and partner liaison
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Good time management, organization and prioritization skills
• An inquisitive mind and a desire to promote innovation
• A desire to learn and constantly expand your horizons
• Ability to work closely with others in a small team
• Ability to work under pressure
• High degree of initiative and flexibility
• Willingness to travel if required
Degree in numerate subject desirable but not essential
We are looking for test & integration engineers, with professional experience. Experience of software testing and integration in a military or Government project background would be an advantage, but is not essential. A broad knowledge of Information Security "best practice" would also be useful.
Raytheon Cyber Security
Raytheon has decades of experience in cyber, information operations and information assurance to successfully protect our global customers' critical infrastructure from the most complex threats. Increasing demand for our capabilities has led us to require the building of a new Innovation Centre to support our government, law enforcement and commercial customers. This will create a broad spectrum of new roles to support our customers in developing solutions for cyber security, research and mission support both technical and non-technical.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals who are looking for something different from their career and who are demanding of themselves and others around them to achieve success. Raytheon's ambition is to provide an environment that is more silicon valley than security and defence. We want to encourage individual innovation and progression that is both exciting and rewarding, avoiding the dull 'beige' of the standard information security companies.
If you are looking for a role and a team that will challenge you to achieve success for our customers then providing you have the skills and the ability to achieve Government clearance we want to hear from you today.
• 25 days holiday + statutory holidays
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Life Assurance
• Flexible Benefits
• Enhanced sick pay scheme
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success.
All successful applicants must be eligible & willing to obtain a SC clearance with the view to progressing to DV level which would be sponsored by Raytheon UK. For further information on the criteria to obtain this please visit - NA
Integration & Test Engineering
Type Of Job
United Kingdom - Manchester