|Job Ref:||11024BR||Employer:||MWH||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Newcastle upon||Address:||Post Date:||24/10/2016 04:04|
MWH, now part of Stantec have an exciting opportunity for a Civil Engineer to join our team in Newcastle on a permanent basis. |
Globally, MWH sets the gold standard for the water and natural resources sector as well as being one of the top engineering consultancies in the NCE listings. In the UK, MWH has been selected by key Clients across the UK as a strategic consultancy provider and as design partner within Delivery Joint Ventures. As a consequence we are now looking for the right people to join our team to help deliver this exciting opportunity.
This is a chance to join a dynamic and evolving team of in our Newcastle Office providing support in the delivery of infrastructure projects.
The role will support Project Managers and Project Technical Leads by providing technical expertise to ensure that projects are delivered to cost, schedule, technical and quality standards to meet both client and MWH expectations.
As part of the Design Team the role has responsibility for providing support in all areas of Civil Engineering in the development of efficient technical solutions that will deliver improvements to water and wastewater networks in line with our Client's strategic direction.
• Experience within the water industry with a focus on the design of water and wastewater network solutions
• Responsible for supporting the management and Project Manager to ensure the successful delivery of robustly defined technical solutions
• Undertake feasibility, scoping and outline design, detailed design and provide ongoing support to Delivery Partners during the construction and commissioning of projects within the required timescales and within agreed design budgets
• Undertake production of technical reports, calculations, development of design and construction drawings and specifications in compliance with relevant industry standards. Ensure all solutions are safe to build, operate and maintain
• Support the preparation of the Business Case Reports clearly defining the project proposals for submission for governance approval
• Work closely with the all parties in the project team to ensure the right solution is delivered
• Communicate and quantify any residual risks associated with the preferred solution
• Work collaboratively within an integrated team environment to deliver design solutions
• Investigate and apply innovative approaches that will improve the way we work and drive efficiency
• Maintain up to date technical knowledge of survey, design, drafting, project and contract management standards and techniques
• Maintain communication and develop ongoing relationships with clients, stakeholders and customers as required
• Undertake the design activities using appropriate software and applying relevant design standards
• Complete all work in line with MWH Core Values and in accordance with MWH Quality Systems and Project Quality Procedures
• Degree qualified (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering or other relevant subject
• Working towards a professional qualification with a relevant engineering institution i.e. Chartership with ICE
• Experience in water industry and preferably previous experience in the design of water / wastewater networks.
• Computer literate with a good understanding of appropriate software packages
• Awareness in the planning, specification and design of projects
• Possess sound knowledge of current legislation and able to work in accordancce with QA and H&S procedures.
• Able to integrate well into a team as well as work independently
• Strong communication skills all levels with the client, suppliers, contractors and design team - both written and oral
• Excellent organisational skills and able to multi-task
• Ability to plan and prioritise work load effectively
• Excellent client service focus
• Flexible approach to work
We are an equal opportunities employer
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location)