|Job Ref:||38442||Employer:||Goodrich||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||India||City:||KARNIND||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:05|
The Project Engineering Lead oversees medium/small projects with minimum direction from Engineering Leadership, and ensures all requirements are met and deliverables are satisfied with the SBU/customer. The Project Engineering Lead is the primary technical focal point for the Program Office and the SBU on Technology programs. The Project Engineering Manager is accountable and responsible for performance of the engineering team to plan, including technical, quality, schedule and cost aspects. The Project Engineering Lead ensures resource demands are communicated to the various disciplines in a matrix organization and works with Supplier, engineer and operations to ensure project milestones are met. |
* Develops project plan and executes it within schedule, resource plan and budget
* Interfaces with multiple Discipline Manager/Leads to ensure adequate staffing at the right time of project phases
* Overall technical leader and authority to the program, customer, partners, supplier, SBU and regulatory agencies
* Manage multi-disciplinary Product Life cycle across geographical boundaries and in multiple time zones
** Responsible for defining, reviewing and tracking engineering metrics like On-Time Delivery, Quality etc.
* Ensures supplier compliance to Configuration Management and Change Control requirements
* Supports the PMO change management process with impact assessments, trade studies, and assertions.
* Lead Risk Management team through review meetings and mitigation plans
* Develops a schedule for program technical reviews, and ensures design reviews are executed to standard work.
* Monitor progress against plan and assure corrective action where necessary.
* Ensure that each project maintains proper balance among cost, performance, and schedule.
* Assure smooth transition for each product from design through certification to production, as required
* Alert management on significant plan deviations beyond his/her control and recommend solutions
* B.E/NA -Electronics or Software Engineering,
* MBA is preferred but not mandatory
* PMP certified preferred
* 7 to 9 year overall Experience with atleast 3 years of Project management exposure in aerospace domain.
* Exposure to Design, Development and Verification of hardware and software integrated products
* Proficient in MS Project Server including resource loading and critical path analysis
* Familiarity with Aerospace design techniques, procedures and standards
* Work exposure with clients in United States, proficient in US English
* DO-178B, DO 254 and/or Do160 exposure
* Six Sigma /ACE /Continuous Improvement experience