|Job Ref:||9040||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Connecticut||City:||Groton||Address:||Post Date:||20/10/2016 05:13|
This position reports directly to the Chief Nuclear Officer (CNO) and provides matrixed leadership and support to the managers reporting to the CNO. This position plays a critical role in defining and resolving significant issues associated with nuclear new construction and maintenance and repair programs. The position will act as the subject matter expert to perform problem recognition and resolution. |
Critical responsibilities include:
• Nuclear Leadership Development
• Nuclear Shift Test Engineer Training
• Administration of Nuclear Continuous Training Programs
• Qualified/Proficiency Management Programs
• Resource Management
• PCO Meeting Administration
• Performance Monitoring and Metric Development
• Acting as the lead quality advocate assigned to develop the annual Chief Nuclear Officer's self-assessment
• Coordinating development of Top-Ten Nuclear issues (two sessions per year)
• Assisting in developing Shipyard Self-Identified A-item in support of NAVSEA 08 Evaluation of Nuclear Work or Radiological Inspection
• Providing oversight of Critique or event report development including causal analysis.
• Regularly interfacing with management representatives from Operations, Engineering, Quality, and Radiological Controls
Ancillary responsibilities include:
• Participating in a leadership capacity in the Radiological Emergency Response Organization (RERO) On-Scene Incident Command Team.
• Acting as a key decision maker and resource to the Maintenance & Repair and New Construction Discipline Steering Teams (DSTs)
Qualifying as a radiation worker (R-badge) in order to observe in-process work and assess anomalous conditions in radiological work areas.