|Job Ref:||140598BR||Employer:||AECOM||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Basingstoke||Address:||Post Code:||RG21||Post Date:||30/09/2016 11:47|
Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
We provide professional services in areas such as aviation, transit, freight rail, highways and bridges, planning, and ports and marine. Our global network of top-tier specialists delivers comprehensive services over the full life cycle of a project to benefit clients in government and private industries.
We are currently recruiting for a Transport Planner / Senior Transport Planner to join our Development Planning team in our centrally located Basingstoke office.
The team work on a broad range of transport planning, modelling and traffic engineering projects within both the public and private sectors; specialising in the provision of planning application support and the preparation of transport strategies to support a wide-ranging client portfolio. Often working closely with colleagues across a range of disciplines, the team provides services from site feasibility through to completion and then monitoring. We undertake transport assessments, travel plans, area transport strategies, and also support other AECOM business lines where their projects have a transport or highway interface. Post planning we negotiate with local authority bodies to discharge conditions.
The Development Planning team has won or worked on some exciting and prestigious commissions covering a diverse mix of local and regional development schemes and major national transport infrastructure projects, often for major UK companies and institutions or local authority clients. Our projects include Brent Cross Cricklewood Regeneration, HS2 Phase One, Sherford New Community, Rolls-Royce Derby Campus Redevelopment and East Sussex County Council Travel Plan.
As a Transport Planner / Senior Transport Planner your key responsibilities will include:
• Preparation of transport assessments, travel plans and other documents.
• Complete junction and spreadsheet modelling and other transport related activities.
• Taking a lead role on transport planning projects.
• Assuming responsibility for the preparation of transport planning reports, plans and technical notes.
• Representing AECOM at technical meetings.
• Overseeing data collection and undertaking site visits as appropriate.
• Data handling and manipulation using MS Office products.
• Preparing supporting drawings and diagrams.
• Assisting senior members of staff in preparing bids and tenders.
• Overseeing, supporting and reviewing the work of junior members of staff and their professional development.
• Input into designs for traffic and infrastructure networks related to new developments.
• Project / caseload management capabilities.
• The ability and willingness to contribute to the company objective of expanding transport planning services.
• Proven experience in the preparation of development related transport assessments, with some wider experience in policy implementation, modelling and technical design.
• Demonstrable ability to manage transport planning commissions including the production of transport planning reports and technical notes.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to communicate well at all levels.
• Excellent numerical, analytical and problem solving skills.
• High level of competence in the use of MS Office products (including Excel and Word).
• High level of competence in using at least one or more relevant transport modelling packages e.g. Junctions (ARCADY/PICADY), LINSIG, TRANSYT etc.
• Ability to work unsupervised, both leading and/or within a project team.
• Ability to communicate technical concepts and provide a level of supervision to more junior staff.
• Full, clean driving licence.
• A degree in an analytical subject such as engineering, geography, mathematics, economics or similar.
• Post graduate qualification in transportation, planning or a related subject would be beneficial.
• Professional Membership of an appropriate institution (e.g. MCIHT) or on route to gaining chartered status.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.