Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
Program, Cost, Consultancy
We provide cost and project management services, and specialist consultancy services, to public- and private-sector clients around the world, with a strong presence in Africa, Australia and New Zealand, Europe, the Middle East and the United States.
- The Construction Manager will be responsible for overseeing the delivery of the project on site to ensure that it is completed safely, on schedule, within the budget and of the highest quality. Take active role in resolving key issues that are affecting the delivery of the project.
- Communicate progress and key issues to the Project Manager and Project Director
- Organize and coordinate the site activities and field supervision.
- Clearly understand the dynamics within the AECOM team so that everyone works together in an efficient manner.
- Establish and maintain relationships with the Client and Contractors.
- Safety Leader for AECOM Site.
- Ensure site follows EH&S policies and procedures.
- Ensure all workers follow the site rules and that AECOM supervise them in a consistent manner.
- Set a good example by personally complying with the project EH&S Program, including proper work attire and use of protective equipment.
- Chair regular meetings i.e. weekly coordination meetings, safety meetings, progress meetings, etc
- Understand that it will be unacceptable to walk past any unsafe or potentially unsafe act, without taking appropriate action to rectify.
- Be proactive and communicate EHS to the Contractors managers
- Responsible to deliver the project to the agreed schedule with the client.
- Provide input into the review of the overall progress schedule in conjunction with the Project Planner or Scheduler
- Communicate schedule and schedule concerns with Contractor's senior management.
- Ensure Quality Assurance programs and policies are adhered to and help with the development of practical procedures so that the work is constructed according to specification and the end requirements of the Client.
- Ensure that everyone is aware of the requirements of the Quality Plan.
- Be thoroughly familiar with the project requirements drawings, specifications, procedures.
- Ensure Field Supervisors raise NCR's and Punch list issues in a timely manner.
- Help the QA manager with pushing the contractors to rectify defects and NCR's in a timely manner.
- Prepare monthly reports to Client, and attend to necessary project related reporting in meetings and events by the Client;
- Ensure that all AECOM's internal procedures and controls are fully complied with.
- Assist in the development of the project staff.
- Knowledge in CONQUAS/ QLASSIC is an added advantage;
- Minimum 10 years of experience in managing high-rise development/ infrastructure/ / hotels/ theme parks;
- Must be proficient with the regulations of the local authority and other relevant compliances
- Must be proficient in written and spoken in English
- Good leadership and interpersonal skills in managing a team of site personnel, contractors and sub-contractors
- A recognized Degree in Architectural or Civil / Structural or equivalent
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.