The Pricing Strategist provides pricing approvals and recommendations for competitive pricing strategies for all HDS sales opportunities in the respective region or country. The Pricing Strategist should maintain expert level knowledge of market prices and competitive pricing strategies to drive growth and profitability. The Pricing Strategist needs to work closely with other Deal Operations Center (DOC) members and HDS employees to achieve responsiveness and accuracy. The Pricing Strategist may assume the role of Team Lead during specific situations. |
- Responsible for pricing approvals within approval and authority guidelines for the respective country or regional sales opportunities.
- Provide recommendations for competitive pricing strategies.
- Maintain expert level knowledge of market conditions and competitive pricing strategies.
- Ensure all HDS products are considered to ensure optimum profitability for pricing strategies.
- Maintain inventory awareness and advise projected lead times to field sales.
- Proactively communicate availability of Sales Promotions and Program Funds.
- Proactively communicate with team members to uncover changes in requirements and to distribute job related information.
- Advise Team Lead on specific resource requirements and issues that affect ability to support field sales activity.
- Manage and report Win/Loss activity.
- Maintain a close working relationship with all DOC members, HDS employees, partners and customers.
- Provide RFQ and tender responses in the area of pricing and product modeling for large Global opportunities that have many unique characteristics.
- Provide responsive support to Channel Development in any other relevant area.
- Ensure channel partners have least cumbersome pricing structures and methodologies such that quoting and processing of Channel Purchase Orders can be done easily and quickly.
- Subject matter expert and reference point for the team and other HDS business/function/sales team.
- Provide job related training to new hires
- Assume the role of Country/Regional Team Lead in specific situations.
Country/Regional Team Lead
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance or related field.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in finance or accounting role.
- Must have sound business acumen coupled with good common sense and the ability to act independently.
- Strong background in supporting field sales personnel is desirable.
- Possesses a thorough knowledge of storage industry and customer requirements or IT would be an advantage.
- Must have good understanding of HDS products.
- Must have excellent understanding of HDS sales support tools (e.g. Insight) or exposure to any other sales support tools will be ideal.
- Should possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Maintain a professional appearance and has strong leadership skills.
- Fluent in English. Ability to communicate in other languages is desirable.
- Willing to learn.
- Strong team player and willing to work extra hours and on weekends.