Job type: Contract
Date posted: 12-08-2016
Duration: 3 Years with possible extension
SENIOR STANDARDS ENGINEER required ASAP for a 3 year project in Qatar. Interested candidates must have extensive experience working on Brownfield offshore projects.
SENIOR STANDARDS ENGINEER
- Accountable for the integrity of the engineering standards data set and the control and recording of any deviations and changes to the project set of standards.
- Accountable for the development, implementation system and effective management of the project technical changes (scope, schedule, specs, standards)
- Be responsible to set up implement and manage a technical change management system that will adopted by all project teams and disciplines and all contractor employed on the projects
- Be the projects focal point in terms with the interface with external parties (DT, company standards groups, Shell DEPs liaison etc).
- Initiate the development of standards, update or addendum to standards as required by project reality to standards.
- Monitor the technical Interfaces between the various project phases and sub projects, disciplines and contractors and initiate corrective actions where technical solutions are not compatible.
- Own the integrated Statement of Requirement and make sure that
• Maintain project engineering deployment overview and highlights priority shifts in expertise requirements between the various phases and projects and propose appropriate actions.
• Maintain the project audit plan (HSE, Quality and Design) initiate the organization of the various audits and monitor and manage follow-up.
• Supervise Team members and support the development of Qatari Nationals by ensuring that they receive proper job training and development.
• Implement Standard and Deviation activities on time and within budget, and as per agreed project requirements and specifications.
• Responsible for complex technical solutions during the execution of scope of the project.
• Operate within the framework of established company policies and departmental procedures, guided by engineering codes, standard practices and procedures. Work accomplishments are not subject to third-party checks. The work is occasionally overviewed by the Engineering Manager.
- NA in respective or related discipline engineering from a recognized University, higher degree would be advantageous.
- Membership of a recognized professional association (or institution) is preferable.
- A Minimum 10 years' experience in design in the Oil & Gas Industry with an Oil & Gas Company or Consultant / Contractor, of which at least 10 years should have been in offshore Oil & Gas processing projects.
- Of the 15 years' experience, a minimum of 8 years should have been a Senior Standards Management job in a major project and a minimum of 5 years as Head of Standards in design of major projects in a reputable engineering consultant, EPIC contractors or O&G Company.
- Fully familiar with Shell DEP's and other international design codes and standards.
- Familiar with all types of FEED and EPIC deliverables, equipment, design and construction progress reviews.
- Proven ability to work in a multi-discipline engineering team in a major project environment.
- Fundamental Knowledge to level of "proficient" or preferable level of "mastery" in standard management with added strength in the other discipline to level of "developed".
- Strong technical, planning, communication, reporting and leadership skills.
- Set a standards structure and management system which is fit for purpose and to safe and cost effective standards and associated changes and deviations