About WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff|
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services consulting firms, provides services designed to transform the built environment and restore the natural one. The firm's expertise ranges from environmental remediation and urban planning, to engineering iconic buildings and designing sustainable transport networks, to developing the energy sources of the future and enabling new ways of extracting essential resources. Approximately 34,000 employees, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, program and construction management professionals, as well as various environmental experts, work for this dynamic organization in more than 500 offices across 40 countries worldwide. NA
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff has an immediate opening for a National Director of Aviation Services to lead, expand and drive growth for its US aviation practice. The right candidate will be a highly experienced and dynamic leader in the aviation planning, construction, engineering and development of new business with proven experience growing and maintaining a successful business operation. The ideal candidate must possess exceptional client relationship and management skills and demonstrate a high degree of creativity, foresight, and mature business judgment. The candidate must have a comprehensive understanding of planning, design, strategic consulting and program/construction management and be effective at directing pursuits of significant importance. WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff is looking for a self-starter, who can set strategy and achieve results. Opportunities exist for this person to work in concert with other managers in other offices, regions, markets, and business support units to achieve the firm's overall financial and market success.
• Lead and drive the growth of WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff US aviation business
• Utilizing one's existing client relationships within the Aviation Market, local port authorities and airlines, develop strategies for positioning WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff for major aviation opportunities.
• Collaborate with other business units and geographic managers.
• Establish long-range plans, objectives, and implementation plans.
• Identify clients and establish client-focus programs.
• Identify priority pursuits and projects.
• Lead and/or participate in teaming strategies
• Lead and, or, participate in key pursuit team and contract negotiations.
• Assure that engineering services are commensurate with professional standards, client requirements, and corporate objectives
• Lead multidiscipline teams internal and external to WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff
• Maintain an active role in professional societies and organizations.
• Maximize WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff industry visibility
• Serve as the key contact for aviation pursuits
• Reports directly to the COO for the US Transportation and Infrastructure Market Sector
• Manage the people and projects in the group
• Coordinates with and supports the Regional Managers, Area Managers and Project Managers during pursuits and the delivery of projects
• Hold and manage the specialized resources within the group and function as a technical resource for projects within and outside the U.S.
• Foster work sharing and professional development in the group
• Act as the principal point of contact for national aviation planning/construction/engineering
• Effectively and strategically manage the employees in the business unit
• Create a culture of collaboration to maximize the performance of the firm across all business units
• Develop annual budgets based on strategic plans, hard and soft sales, and future expected business.
• Develop industry events plans, including sponsorship budgets.
• Assist in work sharing efforts on a national basis
• Assess skills and capabilities; determine specific new hires or training need
• Manage the succession plan of the key aviation staff
• Manage Projects, as necessary and also act as Principal in charge on projects
• Lead and participate in client relationship management, pursuits and proposals and project performance reviews.
• Develop new business leads to drive growth
• Form and maintain senior executive relationship with key clients
• Develop and maintain relationships with strategic teaming partners
• Act as an information resource to the Regional Managers and Project Managers regarding aviation engineering staff availability and expertise
• Work with the Market Leaders, Regional and Area Office Managers to develop strategies and tactical action plans and to deliver business development and client relations objectives
• Work with Market Leaders to identify trends and opportunities for business and resource growth
• Conduct periodic meetings with Clients to develop client relationships, gathering of information for upcoming projects, and to assess the firm's performance on ongoing projects.
• Assist International operating units on aviation pursuits and projects, providing expert technical assistance as well as resource requirements
• Attend Conferences of strategic significance
• Participate in National & International technical committees.
• Publish technical papers and present them at technical conferences.
Technical & Others
• Anticipate industry trends and position the firm to be at the forefront of technology through innovation and state-of-the art technology implementation
• Continue improvement of QA/QC procedures for use by all TECs.
• Develop QA plans and conduct QA/QC for projects prepared within the Aviation TEC.
• Mentor staff to achieve professional recognition and project management certification
• Continue to develop and maintain the skills matrix of all staff with water engineering expertise
• Coordinate and oversee the management of specialized software evaluation, procurement, and usage on a national basis for consistency, economy and work sharing benefits
• Manage the career development training and technical training for PM's, technical, and emerging professionals
Advanced degree preferred; Demonstrated experience in leading and winning large strategic pursuits At least 20 years' experience in aviation planning and engineering practice area with specific experience in project management, including preparing strategic marketing and business plans; Ability to maintain schedules, budgets, and profitability of assigned projects; preparing and managing proposals and presentations, and working with clients and managers of various disciplines
- Bachelor Degree with concentration in any of the following fields: Engineering, Planning , Architecture, Construction
• Affiliation with professional societies and active industry and community involvement highly desirable. The position can be located at any major US City will be considered
The ability to work in the United States immediately is required
EOE / Veteran / Disability / Gender (M-F) / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation