|Job Ref:||140370BR||Employer:||AECOM||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Wiltshire||City:||Swindon||Address:||Post Code:||DY3||Post Date:||30/09/2016 11:49|
Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
We address the complete spectrum of energy challenges, including clean and renewable energy, energy efficiency and carbon management, hydropower and dams, thermal, geothermal and wind power generation, and transmission and distribution.
At our Centre of Excellence in Swindon, AECOM is working with some of the largest and most prestigious automotive and manufacturing clients globally. Our engineers and consultants tackle complex and innovative projects across these sectors. We need to employ people who are motivated by challenges and are able to adapt to rapidly changing environments.
The team has various requirements at the moment; in particular we are looking to appoint a Manufacturing Process Engineer.
Expected background as part of an in house engineering/project/process improvement team; or machine/system integrator to the automotive, aerospace, food, medical, FMCG, or other heavily automated manufacturing industries.
Candidates shall be expected to:
• Develop solutions under their own initiative
• Demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills are required to communicate effectively across all levels from shop floor to senior management.
• Generate presentations and present to leadership, project team, and customer audiences as required.
• Prepare, develop and maintain project plans and schedules to meet all project objectives, oversee project performance and client acceptance.
• Lead project teams.
• Use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Project.
Demonstrable experience to include:
• Tooling, equipment and manufacturing process design.
• Product design analysis and the development of automated process requirements through the use of 3D CAD software.
• Formal manual process methodologies such as GSPAS, MOST, or similar
• Development of manual and automated process area layouts and related timing charts
• Machine safety, including operator/equipment interfaces, BS 12100 risk assessments
• Continuous improvement, complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories and concepts in the field. Eg Six Sigma: black, green or yellow belts or similar.
• Existing production equipment and process analysis.
• Generation of process and equipment specifications.
• The generation of FMEAs
Relevant qualifications will be required, and membership of an appropriate professional body would be advantageous for this role
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.