Job Location USA - PA-Pittsburgh
Required Clearance Secret
Posted Date 8/11/2016
Responsibilities for this Position:
The Product Deployment Team is in search of a highly motivated self-starter to assist the team with the Implementation, administration and security of the assets with in the distributed Development and Test Labs.
- Provide support to QA, Engineering, customers and partners as it relates to products Development, Testing, and Production systems
- Maintain and track inventory of Government and General Dynamics Systems assets
- Administration of user and service privileges within a mixed Windows and Linux environment with a focus on streamlining and simplifying procedures specific to environment deployment goals
- Basic knowledge writing and diagnosing batch, shell, VBScript, or PowerShell scripts for systems administration, automation, and configuration.
- Active Directory administration and management (manage objects and groups)
- Group Policy Objects (GPOs) administration and management
- Windows Server security standards and configuration management
- Creating Operating System Deployment (OSD) task sequences in SCCM
- Using SCCM for deployment of applications and software updates
- Will be responsible for configuration of resources in correlation to the General Dynamics product development cycle
- Establishes and maintains a conducive working environment. Promote positive morale, individual style, quality, creativity, and collaborative teamwork
- Assist in the project specific efforts for resource planning to support product development
- Maintain recovery plans to ensure timely and effective restoration of lab and testing services in the event of a disaster
- Capable of supporting Commercial Demonstrations of products on and off site to include audio/video for the Pittsburgh conference rooms and demo areas located on site
- Strong organizational and communication skills with a desire to learn are paramount
- Strong Windows end user skills and knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite is highly desirable
- Basic Network experience is required; familiarity with Cisco Products is a plus
- Basic Virtualization knowledge is required; VMWare hypervisor familiarity a plus
- Familiarity with Java to include installation, tuning, and configuration of applications is a plus
- Other duties may include scheduling of HVAC maintenance support and Power management within datacenter environment and some basic facilities management tasks
BSCS, BSCE, BSSoftE, BSIT plus 5 years of demonstrated results or equivalent experience
Department of Defense Secret security clearance is required within 24 months of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000 top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran.