Cummins is a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are empowered to generate and deliver solutions for customers, community and environment. Our employees develop their careers through the challenges only a diverse, global innovator can promise. This is a collaborative culture where thinking beyond your desk is more than part of the job. It is the job. |
This is what we call Working Right.
Based in our state-of-the-art Master Rebuild Centre (MRC) in Perth and reporting directly to the MRC Manager, we are seeking a Supervisor to drive the day to day manufacturing operations and continuous improvement activities. In addition to the key accountabilities below, we are seeking a proven leader within a manufacturing production environment within industries such as automotive, marine, building and construction etc.
Key accountabilities of the role include:
Ideally, we are seeking candidates possessing:
- Responsibility for the day-to-day operations and logistics of the MRC
- Plan, execute and control the remanufacturing process of Diesel engines following the applicable Safety, Quality, Cost and Delivery requirements
- Lead and manage the workshop personnel, which includes qualified Technicians, Trade Assistants and Apprentices
- Lead the HSE strategies to maintain a safe work environment, leading with example and acting proactively to improve the workplace safety culture
- Interact with internal and external customers and provide the highest level of customer service while meeting the business objectives
- Lead the Lean Manufacturing implementation activities in the workshop
- Assess, maintain and develop quality processes and procedures aligned to the business unit customer requirements, including internal and external supplier quality management
This is the perfect opportunity for a self-motivated, switched on Supervisor with a desire to further their career with an iconic global organisation. This position has been identified as critical for several key Cummins customer accounts and will provide the opportunity to make a significant contribution to our business. Local and global career development opportunities exist for the right candidate.
- Trade qualification as a diesel mechanic, automotive mechanic or similar
- Recent supervisory/team leader experience, managing directly a workforce of at least 20 people
- Proven leadership, planning and organisational skills
- Manufacturing experience and knowledge of lean manufacturing is preferred
- Desirable knowledge and experience scheduling production, personnel and resources and reporting progress effectively on a regular basis
- The ability to work autonomously whilst maintaining a team ethic and as part of a larger team
- Highest commitment to customer service and workplace safety
Please contact Karen Werner in the Recruitment team on (03) 9896 6814 for further information.
Cummins is a values-driven based organisation and a recognised industry employer of choice. We embrace diversity and seek to attract, develop and retain the highest calibre talent.
We hire the best, it's how we operate... *