|Job Ref:||BBBH141305||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Sidcup||Address:||Post Code:||DA14||Salary:||£ 42,000 - £ 48,000 per year, bonus + excellent bens||Post Date:||19/10/2016 00:19|
Release Engineer - Sicdup|
Are you an experienced Release Engineer or hands-on Release Manager? Do you have experience working with .Net applications and development teams? If so, we have a great opportunity working with a company based in Sidcup.
This is a new role to join an in-house software development function, currently developing a blend of bespoke .Net based applications and integrating Microsoft COTS products. It's a busy, fast paced team with a strong pipeline of challenging projects. They use Agile methods, have regular software releases (typically 3 per month) with a development and QA team of 11-15.
* You will need to be a confident and capable Release specialist with experience in a .Net development environment
* Experience assessing and planning deployments as part of a monthly release plan schedule
* Managing deployments of releases and small changes
* Strong knowledge of different build & deployment tools e.g. TFS, Team City, Octopus Deploy etc
* Experience of various coding languages, ideally C#.Net and able to create/write good quality SQL queries
* Good knowledge of .NET web architectures and scripting - ideally PowerShell
* Background in managing complex implementations and releases (release planning, build procedures, deployment, environment management etc)
* Any ITIL certifications (configuration and release) is also desirable
This is a great opportunity to join a company who take technology seriously, have a great collaborative working culture and a big focus on work/life balance.
Please send an up to date copy of your CV for immediate consideration.
Randstad Technologies Ltd is a leading specialist recruitment business for the IT industry. Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
skills Release, Software, ITIL, SQL, Scripting, .net, agile,