|Job Ref:||QSC1||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Leeds||Address:||Post Code:||LS7||Salary:||£ 38,000 - £ 45,000 per year||Post Date:||24/10/2016 16:08|
Are you an existing Quantity Surveyor looking to elevate & progress you career? You are in luck, we are currently working with a well established civils and construction company based in Yorkshire. |
My Client, a nationwide building, civil engineering, mechanical and electrical contractor with fantastic history and reputation in the construction industry are looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join a forward thinking team based in Leeds.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager you will work alongside the contract delivery team to ensure the profitability, cash management, cost control and accurate reporting on a number of Civil, Mechanical/Electrical and Combined schemes, predominantly in the water industry.
* Company Car /Car Allowance
* Pension Scheme
* fantastic Career progression
* 25 days annual leave
The current team is made up of a diverse range of highly skilled and motivated individuals. If you would like to join and contribute to a forward thinking and hardworking team you must have and be able to demonstrate:
* Knowledge of NEC 3 form of contract is a MUST
* An industry applicable ONC/HNC/BSc equivalent.
* Commercial and contractual awareness with a proven track record of success.
* A good level of competency of Microsoft packages.
* Self-motivation, passion and a driven 'can do' attitude.
* Be able to organise yourself and others workload.
* Be proactive in your approach.
* An excellent communicator.
* A high level of diplomacy and customer focused.
* The ability to anticipate problems and ensure early intervention.
* Demonstrable experience of dealing with multiple clients, forms of contract and methods of measurement.
* Have a civil engineering, utility or Mechanical & Electrical background.
The main duties include the responsibility for the following:
* Undertake cost to complete / budget reviews with the contract delivery teams
* Attend internal and external commercial review meetings
* Negotiating with suppliers and subcontractors
* Manage the commercial aspects of subcontract accounts from procurement to interim and final account agreement
* Final account negotiation achieving the best possible outcome for Nthe company
* Preparation of assistance with the evaluation and submission of claims for variation works
* Working with the commercial and operational teams to strive for continuous improvement
* Maximising value and minimising cost, ensuring that appropriate controls are in place to monitor and manage the operating cost base
* Working with the operational teams to deliver and manage performance against the Profit Improvement Plan
* Manage commercial performance against business targets and KPI's
* Ensure that the delivery team are briefed and have sufficient commercial support to monitor and react to budget variances
* Promote a culture of integration, continuous improvement and use of best practice across the client base
* Ensure that the group commercial policies are adhered to and that the requirements of legislation are met
* Ensuring that cash flow is maximised including the preparation and submission of monthly applications for payment
* Preparation of monthly management and financial performance reports
If you're looking to take the next-step in your career by joining an established organisation with a strong commitment to its employees then this is for you, don't hesitate, apply today.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.