|Job Ref:||RSM-2387||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Salary:||£ 40,000 - £ 50,000 per year, Package||Post Date:||10/10/2016 00:23|
Vacancies Available - x5 Site Managers|
We are currently recruiting within our award winning Partnerships Division for Site Managers to be based on residential developments in the North West region. As a Site Manager, you will be running sites for a variety of new build developments: Extra Care, Affordable Housing, Bespoke, Traditional Build and Timber Framed Build.
Initial development locations include:
* Rochdale - x2 Site Managers Required
* Gorton, Manchester - x1 Site Manager required
* Ellesmere Port - x1 Site Manager Required
* Salford - x1 Site Manager Required
This primary focus of this role is to organise resources and to direct the management of designated development projects to achieve progressive project completion to quality and specification and on budget.
* To direct the necessary labour, plant, staff and equipment to achieve both plot and project completion on time, to specification and within budget.
* Monitor that the Buying team and Surveying department order the correct materials and sub-contract services in good time to meet contract objectives.
* Manage site teams by monitoring performance against contract targets and instigating any necessary corrective actions.
* Ensure compliance with Group Safety Policy and Health and Safety Regulations.
* Ensure that staff and operatives are managed and led effectively by developing the skills and attitudes of managers leading to provision of a working environment that engenders high morale.
* Train and develop subordinates to meet current and assessed future requirements.
* 100% compliance with current NHBC standards.
* Achieve 75% overall satisfaction levels on the completed Customer satisfaction survey questionnaire.
* Establish that staff training and development has occurred as plan at annual appraisal and appraisal review stages.
* Achieve maximum marks on the twice monthly Health and Safety audit.
Experience and Qualifications:
* Applicants must have significant experience of working on traditional build care home projects as well as in the management of H & S, and the design and procurement processes.
* Applicants must have experience of managing all aspects of the build process; the applicant will be required to coordinate the packages from the design and procurement phase through to installation on site and handover.
* Trade experience and site experience preferable
* Up to date knowledge of health and safety obligations and building legislation
* CSCS Card at Site Manager level
* Valid SMSTS certificate
* Valid First Aid at Work certificate
* NVQ Level 3-4, BTEC diploma in Building Construction or similar
* Valid Scaffold Appreciation certificate
* Valid LOLER certificate
* Qualified to the required CIOB Grade applicable at the time in accordance with Group policy
* Applicants must be computer literate, especially in MS Word, and it would be desirable to have a good working knowledge of MS Excel, Asta Teamplan or Power Project
We offer an opportunity to work on some of the UKs most exciting construction projects, in a fast paced environment where each day brings new challenges as well as a competitive salary and benefits package.
With an ambitious strategy, we're poised for further growth and success, so if you're committed, talented and enthusiastic, our client wants to hear from you.
To join an exciting and established main contractor in North West as an Site Manager then apply now to James Gallacher on NA or NA or email
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.