|Job Ref:||DHPHAR529||Employer:||Randstad||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Swindon||Address:||Post Code:||DY3||Salary:||Competitive||Post Date:||19/10/2016 00:14|
Continuous Improvement Manager, Permanent role based in Wiltshire.|
This an great opportunity to work for a leading manufacturing company in the area for key projects driving the business forward, the role offers a competitive salary and benefits package. This key purpose of this role is to lead the Plant Continuous Improvement activities working with all functions on site and Site Leadership Team.
* Support the Operations Director with the development of strategic plans to achieve high level of operational efficiency aligned with business goals and objectives.
* Develop site 3 year CI plan and specific objectives aligned with site mission and business objectives.
* Lead CI activities for the deployment of Lean methodologies for Safety, Quality, Delivery & Cost efficiency through engaging all associates.
* Lead the deployment of the companies Operating System on site including maturity self-assessments and improvement plans.
* Promote a positive and proactive continuous improvement culture across the site. Generate and maintain communication systems to ensure all associates are aware of, and feel engaged in, CI initiatives.
* Integrate within the global organisation and CI community to identify and deploy CI best practices and benchmark with external organisations.
* Educate, coach and support associates in the effective application of CI/Lean techniques such as Value Stream Mapping, Method/Time Study, SMED, Poka-Yoke, 5S, Root cause analysis and Process Balancing.
* Drive and monitor the results of CI activities to ensure that improvement targets are met and sustained
* Should be educated to degree level and / or have extensive experience within Engineering or Manufacturing
* Certification in Lean, Six Sigma (Green or Black Belt), or Industrial Engineering
* Manufacturing IT systems competencies such as SAP and Minitab
* Pharmaceutical/Medical Device experience desirable or similar industry experience
* Proven, self-motivated team player promoting a 'can do' attitude towards problem solving and target achievement.
* Proven change management and Leadership skills within an operational environment.
* Relevant manufacturing and/or engineering skill base.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to influence at all levels within the organisation.
* Competent user of IT software including MS Word, Excel, Access and Visio with the ability to learn new software applications quickly.
* Strong process improvement experience within a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
* Understanding of safety standards and their application.
To apply for the role please click on the link below.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.