|Job Ref:||SE-4723||Employer:||Randstad||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||M13||Salary:||£ 35,000 - £ 45,000 per year, Package||Post Date:||19/10/2016 00:14|
An exciting opportunity has arisen, to join an established, successful and exciting main contractor who is looking for an experienced Site Engineer. The Engineer needs to be motivated, great work ethic, focused and flexible around the Greater Manchester area. They are looking for someone who has previous experience, ideally with lots of experience in Build, Civils, and infrastructure background. |
Roles and Responsibilities:
1 Health, Safety, Environment & Sustainability
* Produce task sheets, method statements and risk assessments to be approved by supervising engineers
* Undertakes health and safety inspections for sections of work they are involved in
* Know the company procedures and statutory regulations relating to environmental, sustainability and waste management issues. Carry out necessary monitoring under the guidance of others.
1 Project Engineering Processes: Quality, Inspection & Testing, Dimensional & Spatial Control
* Provides dimensional control for a section of the works
* Undertakes as built surveys for a section of the works and presents results in format that can be included in project records
* Establishes and maintains secondary control on the project from primary control
* Checks dimension design data early, raising technical queries to eliminate delays from insufficient information
* Ensures that appropriate as built surveys are undertaken, correctly recorded and communicated
* Manages the survey equipment ensuring it is suitable for the works and in calibration so that there are no dimensional control errors due to survey equipment
* Raises Non Conformance Report (NCR) for all non conformances and reports potential non-conformances
* Produces Inspection and Test Plans (ITP) that correctly interpret the specified quality requirements
* Implements the Inspection and Test Plan (ITP) and the Request for Witness and Approval (RWA) procedures
* Collates and files quality records for potential inclusion in quality assurance documentation
* Carries out quality control checks using internal check sheets where appropriate
* Applies the company and external technical information to help achieve the specified quality requirements
* Adopts and promotes a culture of "right first time"
1 Temporary Works/Systems & Cranes
* With suitable training and experience takes on the role of Temporary Works Supervisor for standard temporary works they are involved with
* Ensures that temporary works on their section are identified and the temporary works procedure is applied
1 Permanent Works & Construction Methods, Materials, Practices and Innovation
* Carries out on site testing of materials, products, plant and systems as required by their role
* Reads and understands method statements and task sheets and makes sure that site operations follow these methods accurately reporting any variances to supervisors and his supervising engineer
* Produces sketches and drawings to clarify methods and construction sequences
1 Information, Change Control & Records
* Files and maintains the engineer's drawings and specifications so that the current information is always presented to them
* Marks up drawings & specifications with any changes referencing the documentation that verifies the change
* Interprets and abstracts construction information from the drawings and specification and provides this to the supervisors and operatives in a clear and understandable way using sketches
* Keeps accurate and up to date site diary for site activities.
1 Engineering Knowledge - Capture, Sharing & Using
* Interrogate design information and determine if there are sufficient details to construct the works. Raise relevant documentation (e.g. TIEs, TQs, CVIs, etc) with assistance from supervising engineers / managers, to resolve discrepancies and anomalies detected.
* Effective communication of technical information to the workforce and liaison with functions/support services within the project team in a timely & accurate manner.
* Provide feedback to supervising engineers / managers on the effectiveness of materials, specialist contractors, plant and designers being used on site.
* Preparation of basic calculations/drawings/sketches
* £35-£45k anually + Bonuses
* Company Car/Car Allowance
This role is open to receiving applications over the next three weeks. Within a week of the closing date, appropriate applicants will begin a three stage interview process, after which shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend the final stage of the interview process.
If you're looking to take the next step in your career by joining an established organisation with a strong commitment to its employees then this is for you, don't hesitate, apply today - Contact James: NA NA or Email:
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.