|Job Ref:||EMP373144||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Industry:||Aerospace||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Corsham||Address:||Salary:||£40,000 - £60,000/year||Post Date:||18/10/2016 21:31|
Safety Consultant / Engineer – Aerospace This is an immediate requirement for an Air Safety Consultant or Safety Engineer with experience of working to relevant defence and aero standards.|
A great opportunity has arisen for a Safety Consultant to work for a leading Consultancy in the Wiltshire area. This Safety Consultant role will be working on a new programme on behalf of a major UK client.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in Safety Engineering across the defence and aerospace sectors.
My client can be flexible on location with this role being based in either Wiltshire or Cambridge.
JOB DESCRIPTION & REQUIREMENTS
Responsibilities for this role
- Senior Safety Engineer is required to support teams performing the safety assessment of aircraft systems and equipment in compliance with aviation regulation.
- The safety teams are providing safety engineering expertise, advice and support to fleets of large military aircraft, which includes the sustainment of the in-service aircraft, modifications and airborne equipment.
- The role will require:
- Ensuring a consistently high quality technical output which meets the customer requirement and aviation regulation.
- Technical task management to deliver tasks on-time and within budgetary constraints with regular progress reporting
- Identifying potential areas for improvement in methods or procedures.
- Application of safety analysis techniques such as Fault Trees and Event Trees, FMEA etc.
- Development of platform and system safety arguments and safety cases including the use of Goal Structuring Notation (GSN).
- Safety assessment of new capability, including modifications or changes of use.
- Development of safety management and safety programme plans
- Leading and presenting at safety meetings, hazard workshops and review boards to senior personnel
- Showing compliance to airworthiness requirements and gathering compliance evidence
Requirements for this role
- Experience of the application of Safety Risk Management processes to identify hazards, assess risk, and implement controls to reduce risk to an acceptable level is required.
- Experience of working directly with clients and presenting information and findings in either a report or presentation format.
- Experience is required of working as part of a team and individually to tight timelines.
- Knowledge and experience of working to and developing safety management systems.
- Knowledge in the application of safety engineering principles and safety management systems
- Knowledge of aircraft systems and equipment
- Ability to interpret policy and develop processes to comply
- Ability to use Microsoft Office suite of software tools
- Presentation and report writing skills
Due to the nature of the work at this site, applicants must be capable of achieving SC level UK security clearance. Current clearance is not a requirement.