|Job Ref:||EMP373137||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Lanarkshire||City:||North Lanarkshire||Address:||Salary:||£50,000 - £65,000/year||Post Date:||18/10/2016 21:30|
My Client is looking to strengthen their Estimating team with a Senior MEICA Estimator based in North Lanarkshire.|
Water Industry Experience
The main purpose of this role will be to develop the Project Scope from data produced by the wider ESD Bid Team. To liaise with the Supply Chain to provide quotations for this scope and produce and agree Target Costs based on this scope and the input from the Supply Chain. To use the EES system incorporating the ESD submitted data models and resources. To provide all internal and external deliverables as well as feedback actual cost data from the project team into EES. Finally to supervise and coach junior MEICA estimators to develop their skills. You will report directly to the Estimating Manager.
Duties/responsibilities of the role will include:
• Co-coordinating with other Teams/Disciplines as part of the Project Target Cost Scope Development phase
• Developing the scope of works for the project (Bill of Quantities) through involvement with the wider Bid Team
• Sending out enquiries to the Supply Chain
• Creating a Control Estimate from 1st principles
• Developing Target Cost within EES and to the ESD Contractual rules
• Agreeing Target Cost with Scottish Water
• Updating Target Cost with Latest Best Estimate at subsequent Capex stages
• Ensuring that Actual Cost data is captured from Project Team and fed back into EES at Project Completion
• Implementing continual improvement and increased efficiencies in our data and processes year on year.
• Experience of MEICA equipment and services used in the construction of Water and Waste Water Treatment Works
• Ability to understand the complexities of MEICA equipment and systems and to communicate these issues with the wider Bid Team
• Proficient in the use of computer systems and competent IT skills
• Ability to evaluate proposals from the supply chain for MEICA equipment including scope of supply, technical compliance and commercial offer
• Good communication skills.
• Significant practical experience with MEICA equipment
• Good technical background
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Able to initiate dialog with wide range of personnel to obtain information and close issues
• Proactive in approach to work.