|Job Ref:||1616088||Employer:||Tyco||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||United States||County/State:||North Carolina||City:||Monroe||Address:||Post Date:||17/10/2016 22:24|
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. |
Scott Safety is a well-established, leading brand in the Life Safety Industry with revenue of approximately $450 million dollars and 1100 employees with five manufacturing sites. Scott Safety specializes in respiratory protection devices including self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA), gas and flame detection products and personal protective equipment (PPE). Main end use markets include Fire Services, Military and Civil Defense, Petro-Chemical Oil and Gas, Marine and general industrial markets.
The Technical Products Support Specialist provides the engineering department with support and administration for the principal engineering resource tools. This includes programs that drive engineering change workflows, ERP data entry, CAD tools, NPD technical documentation and rapid prototyping services. The TPSS supports the engineer’s fundamental tools and system performance by maintenance and administration functions. The TPSS supports current system installations and migration of data to new software releases and technology platforms with a goal of advancing engineering efficiencies of product data management or lifecycle management systems (PDM/PLM). The scope includes software administration, installation & upgrades; training; troubleshooting for technical issues; communicating with IT and CAD support.
• Lead auditor inquiries through engineering change process document history.
• Workflow administration; assign user permissions, assignment fields and make assignments for action items.
• Lead storage and administering of Engineering source files within PDM system.
• Administer activities related to the creation, maintenance and processing of automated ECR/ECO workflows for communicating, reviewing and approval of engineering changes.
• Is a resource for the entry and change of engineering item and BOM data in the ERP system.
• Support for the distribution of engineering documentation to global sites.
• Administer activities related to CAD tools, installation, license and maintenance.
• Administer CAD and other data related to the PDM/PLM system.
• Access LifeSafety Administration of Regulatory Data Schedule Drawing Approvals Record Document 31002324.
• Supports activities for the operation and maintenance of rapid prototyping equipment.
• Administer the adherence to trade compliance requirements when receiving or transmitting engineering documentation between engineering and manufacturing sites.
• Resolve system issues promptly so as not to adversely affect users.
• Maintain, develop and create training materials and standardized Engineering Policy descriptions for ERP and ECR/ECO workflow processes.
• Enhance the team environment with motivation to plan and accomplish objectives and complete tasks on a defined schedule.
• Assist IT solutions to
• Familiar with the Engineering Administrators daily task and capable of providing back up as needed.
• Associate Technical degree in engineering or related field required
• Minimum 5 years in product development and engineering information systems
• Working knowledge of various software and business operating systems such as:
o ECR/ECO workflows (WorkflowGen or WindChill a plus)
o Product Data Management (Autodesk Vault or PTC WindChill a plus)
o CAD Administration (Autodesk Inventor or PTC Creo)
o ERP software (BAAN)
• Strong communication and technical skills with the ability to quickly grasp technical issues/concepts.
• Experience working in a geographically diverse development organization with multi-disciplinary teams.
Highly Desirable Qualifications:
• Management and operation of rapid prototyping processes (Stratasys Objet and FDM)
• SharePoint site management and administration of permissions
• HTML, PHP and SQL applications
• Stage Gate methods of product development and release
• Experience with ISO audits, trade compliance and regulatory certification processes.
• Broad business and technical aptitude overall
• Technical background and participation as a member of cross-functional teams
• Ability to effectively lead/facilitate teams
• Able to work effectively with internal and external resources
• Strong written and verbal communication skills including effective presentation skills, one-on-one communication, creative writing, technical writing and report writing
• Creative yet practical in problem solving and decision making
• Strong analytical and interpretative skills
• Self-motivated, creative and strategic thinker
• Team player, Positive attitude, Takes ownership, Results driven, strong attention to detail
• Dependable and service oriented, always acting in a professional and courteous manner
• Passionate about the business opportunity
• Ability to train
• Hands on, willing to enter data or write code
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office- Power Point, Word and Excel