|Job Ref:||140652BR||Employer:||AECOM||Country:||Afghanistan||City:||Bagram||Address:||Post Date:||30/09/2016 11:47|
Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
AECOM's Global Support Services (GSS) organization resides within AECOM's Government business line and is comprised of three divisions - International Development, Operations and Mission Support, and Global Programs. GSS has the international presence, personnel networks and procurement infrastructure to deliver support for any mission, anywhere. We optimize the reliability, availability and sustainability of equipment, logistics systems and facilities for clients around the world. GSS supports the U.S. Government, non-U.S. Governments and industry clients with worldwide program management, planning, design, operations and maintenance, logistics, aviation services, security, international development, environmental and civil engineering and mission and intelligence support.
AECOM has an exciting opportunity as a Crane Rigger in Afghanistan on the MOSC-A contract. the Crane Rigger will safely and efficiently apply rigging techniques for the movement of material and equipment. Hooks/Rigs on to equipment, machinery, equipment, or other large objects at various sites. Applies rigging on loads for repositioning, loading, and off NA operator level maintenance, selection, and configuration of cables, ropes, pulleys, winches, blocks, shackles, and sheaves according to weight and size of load. Inspects rigging to be used before each lift. Responsible for proper quarterly color coding of rigging. Assists the operator in conducting daily PMCS before operations begin. Assists in performing generalized maintenance, safety checks, and minor repairs. Works in tandem with the Crane Operator and other team members to ensure safe hoisting operations and support of the overall mission.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Must possess a NACI prior to hire date.
• NCCCO/NCCER Rigging Certification required prior to start date.
• 3-4 years verifiable experience in crane rigging required.
• Knowledge of setting up various types of cranes, and apply appropriate rigging techniques required.
• Must be skilled at the Journeyman level to carry out safe rigging operations.
• Must be able to decide proper rigging and rigging technique to accomplish the mission.
• Must be able to read choker charts, rigging labels and tags.
• Must be knowledgeable in regards to rigging inspection.
• Must be able to climb ladders and various machinery and equipment to apply rigging.
• Must be able to work at extreme heights.
• May be tasked with rigging for cranes up to 120 Ton capacity.
• Must have a valid driver's license.
• Ability to perform job duties efficiently and effectively during a 77 hour work week.
• Must be able to lift 50 Lbs. continuously, 75 Lbs intermittently.
• Must be able to work in extreme environmental conditions including dust and high temperatures.
• Must be able to endure long hours, exposure to weather.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.