|Job Ref:||SQS150815||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Havant||Address:||Post Code:||PO9||Salary:||£ 50,000 - £ 60,000 per year, package||Post Date:||19/10/2016 00:18|
The client are a well established property developer that for years have bought land and used main contractors to build for them but have now decided to start self building. They are currently looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to manage the commercial aspects of their first self build project and then after that promote them further to a Commercial Manager to oversee the multiple smaller projects coming up.|
The upcoming project they have is located in Havant and consists of 157 units on a gated estate consisting of traditional build 3 and 4 bedroom detached houses. Candidate must have at least 5 years experience as a Quantity Surveyor working on delivering volume build projects and must be based along the South Coast. Due to the level of experience required my client have stated they would be looking to pay between £50k - £60k + package.
* Working as a senior member of the commercial team in take off's, CVR's, cost planning, and final
* Assisting in the preparation of tenders and contract documents, including bills of quantities
* Assisting with the analysis of construction estimates, order book and authorized costs
* Partake in commercial activities for all schemes / projects -Timely agreement of weekly cost and value reports
* Accurate administration of operational data and job valuation
* Ensure that wages and sub-contract payments are calculated in accordance with procedures
* Collate financial information for audits
* Mentoring / Managing junior QS's where applicable
The client operate a 1 stage interview process, that will be held by the Construction Manager who heads up the self build construction arm of the business. If this opportunity is of interest please apply now or contact me on NA.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
skills Quantity Surveyor, Residential, New Build, Housing, Volume Build, Hampshire, West Sussex