|Job Ref:||28182BR||Employer:||Black & Veatch||Job Type:||Permanent||City:||US||Address:||Post Date:||15/10/2016 01:01|
Serve as an organizational change management consultant primarily on AMI projects. Be well versed in five prongs of change management - communication, training, stakeholder analysis, business processes, and organizational design. Lead a team, work in small groups, and operate in a client-facing position. Utilize experience in customer communications. Travel as needed to various client sites. |
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for developing deliverables such as training plans, OCM strategy, stakeholder analysis, etc.
• Transfers knowledge, capabilities, and skills to improve others' knowledge and skill levels
• Enhances established working relationships with team members and management from within the client's organization
• Contributes to quality review on own engagements
• Ascertains and meets client expectations within scope of engagement role
• Develops applicable knowledge bases by using best practices to redefine tools and techniques. Outlines specific performance measures, targets, and goals to articulate the business case for realized efficiencies or added value
• Challenges client's current strategy and direction through persuasive argument.
• Defines competitive advantage and achievable value to the client through use of the strategic change components and metrics.
• Formulates issue-based hypotheses and develops analytical plan for testing.
• Utilizes specialized knowledge to produce moderately complex work products and solutions across many phases of an engagement or one phase of a more complex engagement
• Applies appropriate methods or recognized equivalent to identified client needs
• Anticipates and resolves technical problems with occasional technical assistance from others
• Develops, presents, and defends conclusions, recommendations, and implementation plans
• Contributes to quality reviews of assigned engagements
• Identifies technical issues impacting an engagement and proposes solutions
• Manages client expectations within defined scope of engagement
• Recommends appropriate resources based on the phases of an assignment
• Delegates work to assigned team members
• Uses defined processes and practices in assessing engagement risks
• Manages engagement issues in less complex projects or escalates issues in more complex projects
Bachelor's Degree or relevant work experience. Master's Degree preferred. Typically 4+ years experience in a business/consulting environment.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications
At least 3-5 years of experience in organizational change management.
• Applying a structured organizational change management approach and methodology for the people side change caused by projects and change efforts.
• Developing a change management strategy based on a situational awareness of the details of the change and the groups being impacted by the change.
• Identifying potential people-side risks and anticipated points of resistance, and develop specific plans to mitigate or address the concerns.
• Conducting readiness assessments, evaluate results and present findings in a logical and easy-to-understand manner.
• Developing a set of actionable and targeted change management plans - including communication plan, sponsor roadmap, coaching plan, training plan and resistance management plan.
• Supporting the execution of plans by employee-facing managers and business leaders.
• Functioning as an active and visible coach to executive leaders who are change sponsors.
• Creating and managing measurement systems to track adoption, utilization and proficiency of individual changes.
• Identifying resistance and performance gaps, and work to develop and implement corrective actions
• Creating and enabling reinforcement mechanisms and celebrations of success.
• Working with project teams to integrate change management activities into the overall project plan.
• Working with communication, training, HR and OD Leads in the formulation of particular plans and activities to support project implementation.
• Prosci Training
• Experience in Electric, Gas and/or Water utilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Disabled/Veterans/Females