Bombardier Transportation, a global leader in rail technology, offers the broadest portfolio in the rail industry and delivers innovative products and services that set new standards in sustainable mobility. BOMBARDIER ECO4 technologies - built on the four cornerstones of energy, efficiency, economy and ecology - conserve energy, protect the environment and help to improve total train performance. Bombardier Transportation is headquartered in Berlin, Germany, and has a very diverse customer base with products or services in more than 60 countries. It has an installed base of over 100,000 vehicles worldwide.|
We are currently looking to recruit a Field Maintenance Engineer (m/f) for our Northumberland Park depot in London
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Field Maintenance Engineer will be responsible for a range of activities in support of the Engineer Manager and Project Manager in order to deliver the technical support and engineering obligations required by the Services TSSSA contract. The role encompasses elements of Performance Management, Systems Engineering and Reliability Engineering.
S/he is accountable for working in a safe manner and shall be accountable at all times for ongoing identification of engineering and safety risks associated with their area of responsibility and that these risks are documented and mitigated.
- Provide technical support to resolve performance or maintenance issues and enhance knowledge of the train systems performance.
- Support the Project Engineering Manager and the Customer with a range of engineering, performance and management activities as required in order to meet Services objectives and contractual obligations.
- Monitor, analyse, investigate and develop solutions in a timely manner to resolve technical issues associated with the operation of the New Trains.
- Technical, incident or accident investigation and development and implementation of appropriate solutions, in order to maintain and improve reliability/performance against targets.
- Measure availability, reliability and safety targets, as well as claims management and fault attribution as required.
- Provide written reports and technical information including instructions, analysis, specifications and training material in a timely manner as required, meeting Business or contractual obligations.
- Assist, guide and support Technicians and Project Engineers/Field Maintenance Engineers to work effectively and safely as a team to deliver high quality services in order to deliver customer satisfaction.
- Identify where cross-site initiatives can be applied to improve engineering processes, standardization or performance.
- Accountable for the development of safe and effective modifications or changes to maintenance specifications.
- Accountable for ensuring changes are carefully documented considered for safety risks and conducted in accordance with formal change control processes.
- Ensure Training and work packages are delivered to time and budget and meet project scope and customer expectations.
- Deliver material technical support, review material performance against specification, review reliability and obsolescence of parts and monitor material specification against expected performance. Identify new products with a potential for performance improvement.
- Professional engineering qualification (Degree/HND/HNC) or equivalent culture and experience
- Relevant experience in the field of services and fault investigation, preferably with focus on mechanical systems
- Rail industry background is highly desirable, alternatively similar industries can also be considered
- Working knowledge of basic IT tools (such as MS Office)
- Knowledge of a maintenance management system (e.g. SAP, Maximo) is a plus
- Highly independent in your work while also showing good communication and stakeholders management skills, whilst working as part of a team
Are you interested in starting an exciting career at Bombardier Transportation? If so, apply now at company website and start your dynamic career today!
Your ideas move people.