A world of opportunity awaits you |
Fire Alarm Service Technician
As the leader in the fire protection and security industry, we’ve been keeping homes and buildings safe for decades. But we’re always looking for ways to do more. And as we look to make our systems and technologies even smarter and more connected, it’s vital that we have talented Installation and Service
Technicians on hand to make sure our solutions are always at their best.
This is your opportunity to make a contribution to the world around you, to add real value to our customers, and to help us deliver solutions that will have a lasting impact.
About the role:
Who we’re looking for:
- Receive service calls from Service Resource Center, including a brief description of equipment/system malfunctions.
- Responsible to contact customer representative and ascertain equipment/systems problems.
- Diagnose problems and perform service and repairs on electronic fire alarm systems and other related building system products at customer sites.
- Follow prescribed troubleshooting procedures and refer to technical manuals, part manuals, change notices and bulletins, modification notices, etc. to repair equipment.
- Service, troubleshoot, and install many different manufacturers’ Fire & Life Safety systems including SimplexGrinnell.
- Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications software/systems, programs, schematics and operational product manuals.
- Complete Service Acknowledgements with proper coding through communication devices, such as smart phones and laptop computers.
- 5 years documented experience in low voltage electrical systems , including Fire/Life Safety systems, Access Control, Nurse Call, and Paging systems.
- Experience in reading and interpreting blueprints, submittals, and operational/product manuals.
- Knowledge of test equipment, multi-meter, digital analyzer, and commissioning devices.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools up to 50-70 lbs.
- Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult position such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends to meet customer requirements.
- Overnight travel may be required.
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service.
- Maintain truck inventory to ensure timely response to customer needs.
- Ability to adhere to, implement, and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times.
- Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and driving record that meets company requirements.
- Able to pass a pre-employment background and drug test.
- Retain any licenses that are required by National, State and Local codes.
- NICET Level II certification.
- Completion of SimplexGrinnell 4120 Network training within 12 months
Tyco’s mission is to advance safety and security by finding smarter ways to save lives, improve businesses and protect the places where people live and work. Our products and solutions help to protect:
Rewards and benefits:
- 80% of the world’s top 200 retailers
- More than 1,000,000 fire fighters around the world
- 90% of the top 50 oil and gas companies
- 300 international airports
- 100 major stadiums around the world
- Most of the Fortune 500
- 50% of US universities
- Nearly 3 million commercial, government and residential customers
We’ll expect a lot from you, but we’ll also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And we’ll always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, you’ll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.
A world of opportunity awaits you at NA
Job: Installation & Service
Primary Location: United States-Central Kansas Area (work remotely)
Shift: Day Job