Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||1617092||Employer:||Tyco||Industry:||Manufacturing||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cheshire||City:||Stockport||Address:||Post Code:||SK1||Post Date:||18/10/2016 22:12|
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit NA or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.|
In our business we have a team who have a “passion to protect what matters most”.
Based at our Stockport sprinkler manufacturing facility, we are looking for a Maintenance engineer to join the business.
To advise on, supervise, and perform administrative and technical work primarily concerned with the installation, maintenance and repair of tools, apparatus, equipment, and buildings, or other work involving services provided predominantly by persons in skilled trades and crafts. Performs equipment failure analyses (including preventative and unscheduled maintenance). Troubleshoots and diagnoses equipment problems. Prepares technical reports to document equipment modifications and equipment maintenance procedures. Evaluates and recommends equipment improvements to improve availability, capability and yield. Requires technical or managerial knowledge and ability, plus a practical knowledge of trades and crafts.
This role will involve continental shift patterns.
- Performs skilled maintenance and repair across all manufacturing shifts, ensuring all systems, machinery, and equipment are working safely and efficiently.
- Requires dual carded certification (electrical and mechanical) when specified
- Carries out troubleshooting of complex issues to determine root causes, as well as preventative and corrective actions to methodically eliminate faults in a timely manner.
- Maintains a sound working knowledge of the functionality of all machines and site services by continually learning and implementing best practices.
- Organizes site preventative maintenance schedule and machine shutdowns.
- Controls spare parts management for breakdowns, maintenance tools, and equipment.
- Liaises with equipment suppliers to address downtime issues and drive continuous improvement.
- Assists in developing and supporting a robust and effective site preventative maintenance program.