Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
Scott Safety is a well-established, leading brand in the Life Safety Industry with revenue of approximately $450 million dollars and 1100 employees with five manufacturing sites. Scott Safety specializes in respiratory protection devices including self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA), gas and flame detection products and personal protective equipment (PPE). Main end use markets include Fire Services, Military and Civil Defense, Petro-Chemical Oil and Gas, Marine and general industrial markets.
This position is responsible for evaluating the effectiveness of pricing strategies, identifying gaps and opportunities, and recommending modifications to pricing structures as needed by using internal cost information and external data to analyze competitive pricing, market trends and competitor data to develop pricing models. This role also tracks the impact of pricing changes on growth rates and profitability, performs analysis to understand customer price sensitivity and the impact of pricing changes to the business globally. Providing advice to sales and product management on transactional and strategic pricing decisions to drive margin growth through pricing effectiveness is key. In addition, this position builds the necessary data and tools to report on overall pricing effectiveness, and supports data projects to improve speed and effectiveness of price deployment. Driving culture change activities redirecting focus towards Pricing goals and Margin maximization is key.
This role requires building strong relationships and acting as an analytic thought partner for product management and sales leadership on pricing-related issues.
- Pricing Administration & Maintenance - Advises on and executes pricing policies for product/service/solution pricing, tactical pricing actions for geographic or vertical segments. Oversees ERP systems maintenance processes in order to maintain accurate and consistent field pricing.
- Pricing Performance - Calculates/Validates business price realization to ensure accuracy and alignment with the established pricing methodology.
- Pricing tools, analytics and dashboards - Runs/Validates pricing tools analytics and dashboards and collaborate with the sales team to drive margin growth opportunities.
- Customer and competitor intelligence - Defines all aspects of the assembling of relevant customer and competitor intelligence and market indicators to serve as a resource for guiding informed pricing actions. Oversees administration of data files that capture pricing intelligence by key customer segments, selling situations, and competitive match ups to optimize pricing for products, and markets.
- Price Control - Advises on and executes management of the process in order to assure that performance standards and specifications are maintained.
Competencies & Skills
- Proven experience providing consulting services to mid- and senior level leaders and building collaborative relationships with stakeholders and subject matter experts at all levels of an organization.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills and proven ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to manage internal and external customer relationships and expectations.
- Demonstrated project management skills including the ability to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Demonstrated course facilitation skills including providing individual coaching and feedback.
- Ability to work on a high-performing team within a collaborative environment.
- Organized, proactively independent and detail-oriented with the ability to both articulate and operationalize winning ideas.
- Strong functional/technical skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office, PROS Pricing Software and Micro Strategy Experience a plus.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, mathematics, marketing, or related subject required. Graduate degree preferred.
- At least three (3) years of experience in financial analysis, marketing, pricing or sales analytics or related field
- Very strong analytical, statistical and problem solving skills
- Experience creating meaningful, actionable reports from a great deal of data
- Ability to create and modify price models using statistical and data base tools
- Proficiency in data mining and data base query
- Comprehensive knowledge of the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of pricing
- Six Sigma Black Belt preferred
- Experience in commercial sales and distribution desired