|Job Ref:||140364BR||Employer:||AECOM||Country:||United States||County/State:||Virginia||City:||Arlington||Address:||Post Date:||30/09/2016 11:49|
Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
AECOM's Global Support Services (GSS) organization resides within AECOM's Government business line and is comprised of three divisions - International Development, Operations and Mission Support, and Global Programs. GSS has the international presence, personnel networks and procurement infrastructure to deliver support for any mission, anywhere. We optimize the reliability, availability and sustainability of equipment, logistics systems and facilities for clients around the world. GSS supports the U.S. Government, non-U.S. Governments and industry clients with worldwide program management, planning, design, operations and maintenance, logistics, aviation services, security, international development, environmental and civil engineering and mission and intelligence support.
AECOM has an immediate opening for a Video Conferencing Specialist to join our team in Arlington, Virginia in support of our Dept. of State contract.
The specialist will provide overall scheduling and operation of one or more video teleconference centers within the facility.
- Plans video teleconference communications connections to insure productive and cost effective conferences.
- Keep accurate records, logs, etc., regarding videoconferencing equipment and usage.
- Prepare related reports and submit to the Manager of Video Conference & Event/Special Project Planning on a regular basis (as determined) and on an ad hoc basis as needed.
- Identify trends in videoconferencing usage and problems, report trends to the Manager of Video Conference & Event/Special Project Planning, and make recommendations for addressing problems.
- Administer computer accounts in Active Directory
- Install, configure and perform basic troubleshooting of Windows 7
- Install application software
- Install, configure and perform basic troubleshooting on laptops
- Re-image/clone hard drives
- Alert the firm-wide Videoconferencing Coordinator and the Manager of Video Conference & Event/Special Project Planning of any suspected video conference network issues. Work with the Network Services team to monitor/troubleshoot with the appropriate vendors(s).
- Serve as a main contact for all issues, problems, and questions related to videoconferencing procedures, policies, equipment, conflicts, and usage.
- Place and coordinate service calls for all videoconferencing equipment, working with IT staff in local offices as needed.
- Train IT staff on videoconference responsibilities, including but not limited to videoconference set-up requirements, camera operation, and duties during videoconferences.
- Provide feedback and training plans to Site Supervisors regarding additional videoconference training needs.
- Assist in implementing various training initiatives, as determined by the firm-wide Senior Manager of Support & Operations.
- Assist and train IT staff on Audience Response Equipment as needed.
- May volunteer or be selected to serve on special committees, work groups, project teams, or escalation teams related to various firm-wide IT initiatives.
- Initiatives may be specific one-time events (e.g., research, testing, rollouts, upgrades, installations) or ongoing activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Technology, Information Systems or similar technical degree from an accredited institution and at least 2 years' experience in the telecommunications field and/or with videoconference equipment.
Must undergo and successfully attain the following security investigation: Secret
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.