Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
We offer extensive global experience in upstream, midstream, downstream, marketing and distribution, and alternative energy segments serving the entire lifecycle of oil and gas company assets. Our expertise in providing the full range of mission-critical services is sought after by private-sector and national/state-owned oil and gas companies.
AECOM is seeking a Senior Superintendent to be based in our White City, Saskatchewan location.
This position will report directly to the Operations Manager, the Superintendent, Senior leads the projects and support Regional Operations' key staff.
Responsibilities may include:
- Coach and mentor the project team staff. Provide day to day direction to the team.
- Provide leadership in the Safety Management System (SMS) within the project team. Lead monthly safety meetings and conduct regular site safety inspections.
- Develop the project budget for direct, indirect and other costs based on estimates provided for identified project scope of work.
- Develop the estimate and writing/competing the tender or proposal submission package.
- Prepare accurate and timely cost estimates for assigned projects.
- Support the constructability assessments for new projects, by working closely with the project teams and the Client.
- Manage the development of the contracting strategies, commercial terms for the project and finalizing the project contract.
- Work with the project team to develop the project schedule and conduct regular reviews and updates to the schedule based on project progress and change.
- Oversee the change management process and approval of all trends and change orders.
- Manage and apply risk management to any project risks to ensure risk is minimized.
- Manage the manpower loading requirements by reviewing the manpower forecast and prioritizing labour loading based on project requirements and business priorities.
- Liaison with HR and Talent Acquisition teams to build high performing project execution teams.
- Forecast project revenues and margins. Conduct monthly analysis to identify opportunities to meet project targets.
- Oversee preparation and delivery of the Financial Project Closeout Report.
- Conduct lessons learned sessions at key milestones identified within the construction execution plan in order to drive continuous improvement of the project and processes.
- Support the Project Director or Senior Project Manager with the development of the Construction Execution Plan. Work with the Functional Team Leads to align their functional plans and deliverables based on the project schedule.
- Develop the project documentation plan and oversee the management of the project documentation.
- Represent AECOM in Client Engineering meetings. Hold both parties accountable for delivery of materials and engineering packages as defined within the project execution plan.
- Approve and submit any invoice/timesheet expenses which have business unit expenditures to the appropriate projects.
- Responsible for project revenue and profitability under area of responsibility.
This position will be required to drive a vehicle on behalf of AECOM and therefore will require the candidate to submit a satisfactory driver's abstract for review.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience required as a Superintendent, Senior.
- Prior estimating experience in industrial, pipe fitting, mechanical trade is required.
- Experience with large civil/commercial/light industrial projects.
- Experience with HVAC/Piping/Mechanical construction.
- Valid driver's license is required.
- University Education within Engineering, Commerce or equivalent would be an asset.
- Professional Management Certification and/or Professional Engineering Certification would be an asset.
- Trades ticket would be an asset.
- Expert Computer Skills: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Scheduling software experience in MS project or Primavera would be an asset.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.