Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
Mining/Minerals & Industry
We deliver mines, mineral processing plants and associated infrastructure across some of the world's richest resource regions including Australia, New Zealand, the Americas, Asia and Africa. We provide mining support and infrastructure for surface minerals projects, including ports, heavy rail, haul roads, airfields, camp facilities, buildings, power and water supply services.
- Manage development of technical packages for inclusion in tenders.
- Insure Engineering Packages are successfully coordinated from design through to bid, construction to close out.
- Manage RFIs and all other related engineering support.
- Produce all engineering and where applicable, design work within the project ensuring the overall technical quality, integrity and adequacy of that design engineering.
- Technical and support management of the engineering group.
- Initiate and oversee work processes for the production of the engineering deliverables.
- Produce the engineering deliverables to the schedules set on the project.
- Manage all interfaces with other project groups and relevant external stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain engineering procedures.
- Ensure the management of engineering input data such as Vendor information, topographic survey, and geotechnical investigations.
- Manage staffing levels throughout the course of the project.
- Leads or participates in Value Improvement workshops, Constructability / Maintainability / Operability workshops, Safety-in-Design reviews.
- Review, sign and issue progress reports.
- Actively participate in and contribute to the technical aspects of projects so that projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- Understanding commercial terms involved on projects.
- Escalate issues or problems where appropriate.
Statutory Requirements - OH&S, QA & Corporate Standards:
- Maintain good communication and cooperate with all team members.
- Promote a healthy climate of communication including information sharing.
- Understanding of EPCM project phases and management.
- Understanding of and ability to follow Company & Client policies and procedures.
- Ability to implement appropriate corporate strategies.
- Ability to assess personnel' performance and identify potential.
Maintain the quality of work by complying with:
Safety for Life:
- The Code of Conduct.
- Good Working Relationships Policy.
- Diversity Policy.
- IT Policy.
- QA procedures.
- Comply with the AECOM OH&S policy.
- Adopt work practices that support OH&S programs.
- Take reasonable care for their own health and safety and the health and safety of other people who may be affected by their conduct in the workplace.
- Ensure that any hazardous conditions, near misses and injuries are reported immediately to the supervisor.
- Participate in meetings, training and other environment.
- Customer (internal and external) focus.
- Well presented, with a professional attitude.
- Willingness to develop technical and project management skills.
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm.
- Willing to share knowledge, experience, ideas and expertise for the betterment of group and self.
- Ability to form & foster collaborative relationships within the business and externally.
- Ability to work under pressure and perform steadily during peak work load.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to delegate tasks appropriate to the skills of nominated staff.
- Ability to impart skills and train others.
- Ability to organise and lead a diverse team and establish priorities.
- High level communication, presentation and organisational skills.
- Understanding of material and human resources and their costs required for a project.
- Ability to impart skills and train others.
- Ability to delegate tasks and communicate.
- 20 years of related successful work history.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Advanced knowledge of engineering design principles.
- Ability to perform critical review of design and engineering of concepts' undertakings.
- Seek guidance for all new or modified work procedures.
- Communication skills - written messages are clear; communicates with passion and conviction; able to communicate at all levels.
- Demonstrated commercial acumen, and ability to develop a client base.
- Knowledge of the market for consulting services.
- High level of general computer skills, e.g. Excel.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.