|Job Ref:||018339||Employer:||Hitachi||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Post Date:||21/10/2016 00:06|
Hitachi Data Systems has a requirement for an Inside Pre Sales Consultant to be based in the London City office.
This is a junior supportive role within our Pre-Sales organisation. The role would enable a person to develop and spring-board into a Technology Sales Consultant role at HDS, reporting to the UK&I Technology Sales Manager.
The role has a UK-wide focus and will be aligned predominantly to specific sales districts and the more established members of the Pre Sales organisation to contribute to winning opportunities in the Storage & IT solutions space.
The successful candidate will be a key contributor to the success of those districts and the UK region as a whole by supporting pre sales activities.
The candidate will engage operationally with HDS field sales people, channel partners, the ISV ecosystem and service providers and also the wider HDS team. Working with these teams to promote the HDS vision and strategy, build pipeline and deliver revenue to achieve the district and UK revenue goals, this role must focus on the business development aspects of the job yet also demonstrate a clear depth of technical understanding of the entire portfolio of products; including Transformation Services.
The Inside Pre Sales Consultant will work with the appropriate internal HDS teams to drive technical knowledge and sales opportunities in the field to ensure the UK delivers against its number.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Engage with HDS field sales and partners to support the technical positioning of the entire HDS portfolio of products, services and solutions
• Become a technical evangelist for HDS's portfolio
• Be an integral contributor to the life-cycle of large and complex opportunities as the technology sales lead
• Become the recognised technology expert in the HDS portfolio and educate, share knowledge and motivate the Account Managers and customers to increase successful closure of opportunities to drive revenue
• Understand customers' challenges and priorities to effectively position HDS solution
• Demonstrate a client centric approach to ensure proposed solutions are fit for purpose and maximize customer satisfaction
• Take responsibility for producing the architectural design for the proposed solution
• Contribute to technology 'virtual communities' across the HDS business to share best practices, case studies and references
• Be a key team member of the overall pre-sales function and sales district
• Demonstrate a clear technology understanding of the product, services and solutions portfolio as well as its positioning - the strengths and competitive advantages, the overall market and business drivers, the value proposition of the portfolio and the business value (including Roi) to be derived by customers through deployment of the solution set
• Self-motivated study to keep abreast of emerging technologies and new solutions in the HDS portfolio eg SAP HANA and Exchange 2010 Converged solutions, "X-as-a-Service" offerings
• Self-motivated study to ensure technical knowledge and credibility around customer application and environmental considerations such as Microsoft portfolio, VMware and SAP
• Develop capability in consultative technology sales using whiteboard briefings, solution demos and supporting technical and commercial information
• Contribute to the technology sales components of client RFI, RFP responses
• Leverage the use of supporting functions such as the DoC (configure and quote) and other virtual team resources
• Degree or equivalent formal education
• IT experience an advantage
• Some understanding of storage solutions and IT proficiency
• Some IT Implementation experience an advantage
• Appreciation of IT sales cycles
• Experience of working with Partners would be an advantage
• Capable communicator with the confident to present
• Able to articulate business benefits of IT solutions
• Clear logical thinker with the ability to simplify and explain technology implementations
• Has an opinion on IT trends and likes to keep up with developments by reading blogs and related news articles
• Innovative, actively looking for solutions to problems and a catalyst for change
• Expectation to learn at an exponential rate
• Strong multi-tasking capabilities
• Accepts responsibilities and takes ownership
• Self-motivated with a positive, can-do attitude
• Ambitious, passionate and a team player
• Full Driver's License