|Job Ref:||DE00599NOR||Employer:||Interserve||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Norfolk||Address:||Post Code:||NR17||Post Date:||20/10/2016 00:11|
Hourly Rate Bands N/A Salaried/Hourly-Paid Hourly-Paid |
About the role:
Interserve Healthcare is recruiting Healthcare Assistants to look after our client, a young gentleman 21 yrs old who lives in a beautiful location near the Wroxham Broads. We have double up support in his home and he lives with his parents who are very supportive of having care for him.
You will need experience of working with adults with cerebral palsy, peg feeds, epileptic clients, learning difficulties is advantageous. The client has a condition called Lennox-gastaut syndrome.
We have looked after this young client for three years now and we are recruiting for new team members to help make the hours slightly more flexible. You will work with another carer on shift, the package of care is doing personal care, social intervention, and supporting the gentleman in being more independent with his conditions. The client likes to watch television, go out for walks, likes to listen to music/radio he enjoys stimulation play and being around his carers.
This is a great care package to progress your skills from being a carer to being part of a team that supports someone on a complex clinical package. We will provide highly skilled training to be able to work on the package. You will need six months experience as a carer to be able to apply.
Rates of pay range from £8.75 to £17.25 per hour.
Various shifts available day and night 7 days a week.
Duties to include:
* Providing assistance with personal care
* Epilepsy management
* Social interaction
* Light cleaning duties
* Transportation to appointments and on outings
Following skills & experience required:
• 6 months previous care experience
• Ideally experience of working with clients with complex care needs
• Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and listening
• Have a caring and compassionate attitude
• Can commit to regular hours
• Gastrostomy care
• Medication management
• Manual handling
• Cerebral Palsy
• Non verbal
About the Company:
Interserve Healthcare delivers specialist healthcare services to clients in their own homes and in healthcare establishments throughout the UK. We recruit Nurses, Healthcare Assistants and Support Workers on a national basis to deliver outstanding care and support to our ever-growing client base.
What we can offer you:
• Weekly pay plus holiday pay
• On-going 24/7 support from the Senior Nurse Team
• Refer a friend bonus scheme
• First refusal to other care opportunities
• Members loyalty scheme
• We offer full time, part time and flexible hours
• Excellent training opportunities and potential for free funded QCFs
Interserve Healthcare is an Investors in Diversity accredited company & committed to equal opportunities for all (Agy).