|Job Ref:||JHCIVILQS1608||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Post Code:||BS5||Salary:||£ 51,500 - £ 61,500 per year, package||Post Date:||21/10/2016 00:27|
I have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to work with my client in Bristol - they are offering up to £61,500 plus benefits for the right candidate as well.|
Design and Build Rail project including track renewal, upgrading existing railway structures including bridge reconstructions for electrification clearance and upgrade to two stations - overall value is circa £30m.
The civil works involve bridge demolition, piling and soil nailing, embankment and cutting stabilisation earthworks, and construction of a new road and foot bridges. The project also involves platform extensions and upgrades.
* Maintain subcontract procurement schedule
* Procurement & Management of key subcontract packages
* Ensuring necessary main contract notices are issued on time
* Administration and valuation of Change Orders & requests
* Input into financial reports including budgets / forecast for project management
* Input into cost report and cash flow information for Network Rail
* Supervising and training of other commercial staff
* Provide commercial advise to other team members
Required Qualifications & Skills:
* Member of / actively working towards membership of appropriate professional body
* Proven experience as a Senior Quantity Surveyor working for a main contractor
* Experience of NR 12 contract and NR processes would be beneficial, although experience of Target Cost contracts in a similar environment would be acceptable
* In additional to general civils background, rail and structures experience would be essential
* Experience of using COINS would be beneficial
* Relevant degree in Commercial Management / Quantity Surveying.
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Applies collaborative approach
* Strong communication skills
* Compliance with company procedures
* Vigorous attention to detail
* Salary up to £61,500
* Car allowance/company car
* Company pension scheme
* Private healthcare
* Generous holiday allowance
Great opportunity to join a well known and respected Contractor, the interview process will be in 2 stages so ample time to get to know about the projects as well.
If you are interested then please apply!
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
skills "quantity surveyor" or "qs" or "construction" or "civil engineering" or "senior surveyor"