|Job Ref:||00015698||Employer:||Oxy||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United States||County/State:||Kansas||City:||Wichita||Address:||Post Date:||10/10/2016 01:02|
Contribute. Grow. Lead...with OxyChem. Looking for a challenge? Desire to achieve your true potential? OxyChem is a growing, action-oriented, safety driven chemical manufacturing company continually striving to be the best in the business while staying focused on environmental protection. The secret to our success has and will continue to be our people. |
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine and caustic soda - key building blocks for a variety of indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash, chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates and calcium chloride. For every product it makes, OxyChem's market position is No. 1 or No. 2 in the U.S. and No. 1, 2 or 3 in the world.
In a fast-paced industry that demands precision, we create a supportive workplace where the safety and well-being of our employees are paramount. We are committed to rewarding top performers, offering very competitive pay and benefits, and providing tremendous career development opportunities. We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Technical Manager with our Wichita Plant Facility located in Wichita, Kansas.
Essential Job Duties:
• Communicate and demonstrate alignment of Technical Department and individual goals with OXY's ongoing goal of HESS performance excellence.
• Ensure plant operates in safe and environmentally responsible manner while achieving high productivity, quality and low costs.
• Manage technical staff, including process and project engineers, process control specialists, IT technician, and the quality control functions. Builds and maintains a motivated and competent staff. Set expectations for team members and hold accountable for results.
• Provide leadership for the development and implementation of cost saving projects (fixed, variable and marginal income).
• Manage technical/quality control functions in support of Oxy Quality Policies.
• Oversees management of the Wichita Quality Laboratory and coordinates its activities with operations, environmental control, special environmental, tech service, and other users.
• Provide timely and effective communication of the status of technical projects/issues and team accomplishments.
• Manage all available technical resources (internal and external) to ensure timely and cost-effective achievement of plant priorities.
• Develop and maintain an effective knowledge management system (technical files) to retain the value of intellectual property.
• Manage Technical Department budget to ensure effective use and create value for OxyChem.
• Assure compliance to PSM standards (MOC's, PSSR's, Procedures, Audits, etc.)
• Develops and administers the fixed capital plan for the Wichita facility including safety, cost reduction, environmental, quality, new business, and maintenance requirements.
• B.S. Degree in Engineering with a minimum of 10 years manufacturing experience in technical, maintenance or production departments.
• Self- starter with strong leadership, communications, analytical, decision making and problem solving skills
• Superb organizational skills, with the demonstrated ability to create and implement efficient organizational systems
• Experience in supervising and management; work groups with wide-ranging functions
• High proficiency in Microsoft applications (such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to read, write and speak in English
• Must have a valid driver's license
• Physical requirements - Must be able to lift 40 lbs, climb ladders and stairs. Walking, bending, stooping is required. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including the use of a respirator. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status