Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||2821828||Employer:||Hays Plc||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Northampton||Address:||Post Code:||NN1||Salary:||£30-40K||Post Date:||05/10/2016 01:33|
A privately owned housing developer based in Northamptonshire are looking for an experienced Design/Project Coordinator to join their team in order to move forward with their expansion plans. This developer work across the Northamptonshire area and work on small developments, bespoke one off houses and high quality housing. |
Ideally for this role you will have experience working in a similar role for a housing developer and be able to hit the ground running. Your role will include:
- Coordinating information from external consultants, utility providers and members of the design team
- Gather specialist information from material suppliers such as floor beams, floor joists and roof trusses
- Collating information for planning conditions and keeping accurate records
- Dealing with building control documents and getting them signed
- Dealing with service providers to allow plots to be serviced
- Analyse designs to check, comment and approve to send information to the design team and site managers
- Dealing with site manager and everyday queries
- Check material drawings and specifications from suppliers
- Assist in coordination, recording and distributing design information
You must be able to comply with health and safety policies and working practices including risk assessments and being able to work to deadlines. You will ideally have similar experience in a role for 5 years and have excellent knowledge of the construction process. Knowledge of timber frame, refurbishment and barn conversions would be an advantage. Ideally a construction related qualification is required either to HND or Degree level.
This role could also suit a Quantity Surveyor who has an all round knowledge of the construction process from a commercial perspective - who would be happy adding in the above details to their day to day responsibilities and not just coming in to be a Quantity Surveyor.
In return this client can offer the chance for career progression and development, the opportunity to join an expanding company and a competitive salary and package.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.